• The KillerFrogs

Postseason Hoops thread & NCAA Tourney Challenge

y2kFrog

I think some of the guys were freak athletes, but available because they couldn't shoot all that great. Jaime really put together a great team for a two year run. Look forward to what he does next.

Peavy got a lot better at FT's this year, and felt EL did too. It made the year more enjoyable.

Peavy has good form. He is really close, if he can get confidence in his shot he will instantly become the best player on the team.

Eight

I do wish we would have seen more of Baugh taking it to the rim. That is a worthy part of his game and it seems underutilized. The Miles and Baugh senior backcourt being the strength of the team and seems Baugh could have been more assertive in that regard.

not sure what happened, but after the win against texas on march 1st, baugh seemed to regress and was not the guy we saw at the end of last year

PurpleBlood87

So two former TCU players are still alive in the tournament that I know of.
Jaedon LeDee at SDSU and Francisco Farrabello at Creighton.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

There were some really bad no calls that went against the Frogs but ultimately we just missed way too many shots at the end both from the field and from the free throw line while they got hot shooting 3s in the second half. The lack of size was certainly an issue too and I wasn't thrilled with the super small lineup we used for pretty much the entire last 10 minutes but I also know we didn't have a lot of great options.

This was a team with a super high ceiling when they shot the ball well but unfortunately we just saw way too little of them shooting the ball well over the last few weeks of the season. Ever since the Fisher/Bane/Noi team that couldn't stay healthy we've been a terrible shooting team for the most part from 3 and the FT line.

Froggy Style

Peavy has good form. He is really close, if he can get confidence in his shot he will instantly become the best player on the team.
I'd be fine if he played the 3/4 without shooting. Dude is a freak athlete...I think the biggest thing to correct is being a little too grabby which causes him to have to sit after getting quick fouls.

May be a long while until we see a backcourt as good as Baugh and Miles. A bit disappointing that the team could not go a couple games further with them. Two tough 2nd round losses.

But, a good two year run and I enjoyed it.

Unlikely but maybe Baugh will come back for his 5th year. Tonight, Baugh with 15 points, 4 assists and the leading rebounder with 8. He was 6-9 with 3 made threes, but only 8 shots if you subtract the meaningless last second three.

Last edited:

PurpleBloodSpitter

not sure what happened, but after the win against texas on march 1st, baugh seemed to regress and was not the guy we saw at the end of last year
I really felt he stepped up when Miles was out and grew significantly. I was really hoping to see a galactic 1-2 punch when Miles came back from his injury, but didn’t happen. Love both of those guys and this whole team. These young men did not deserve to have to put up with the Lampkin nonsense.

froginmn

I hate complaining about officiating and think it makes fans/teams look bad.

With that said I think there were some calls in the first half that put several of our players in foul trouble and changed our strategy in the second half.

With THAT said, we lost because we went cold in the second half and didn't have a big man (ahem) who could defend against Timme.

Great season and I'm proud of this team.

Go Frogs!