1. The KillerFrogs

Post the most random interesting fact that you know...

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by tcudoc, Jul 29, 2020.

1. #21 Todd D., Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    John Tyler, our 10th President, has 2 living grandchildren.

He is also the only President to be buried under a flag other than the United States, as he had been elected to the Confederate Congress shortly before he passed.

When you shuffle a deck of cards, there's a good chance that unique combination has never existed in the universe before.

You are the end result of an unbroken line of (insert your sex here) dating back to the very first humans.

The Monte Hall problem still boggles my mind, but it's true.

Jeri Ryan, of Star Trek Voyager, very well may have changed the course of American history. She was previously married to Jack Ryan (the not Harrison Ford one), but divorced him sometime in the 90s. In 2004, Jack was running for Senator in Illinois. Despite those records being sealed in divorce court, they were unsealed during the campaign and revealed allegations that Jack was involved in some pretty kinky stuff. He was forced to drop out and the Republicans had to scramble for a last minute replacement that they knew had no chance in Alan Keyes. The Dem opponent, Barack Obama, ended up winning and ascending to national attention.

ftwfrog and tcudoc like this.
  2. Sorry few more:

University of Louisiana still exists, and it's not Louisiana-Lafayette. It is older than LSU and, after the economic issues resulting from the Civil War, became an exceptionally rare major public university that went private. The school took the name of the donor who helped make that change, adding it to the front of the name, and became Tulane University of Louisiana.

Salfrog, TheElephant and tcudoc like this.
  3. Australia is 11x the size of Texas and 4 million more people live in Texas than Australia.

Salfrog, RoyaltyWorePurple and tcudoc like this.
  4. This is good stuff. Keep it going!

FrogAbroad likes this.
  5. I've heard this. Dude was born in 1790. That might be the craziest fact ever.

FrogCop19 likes this.
  6. #26 Todd D., Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    The Pentagon has an absurd number of toilets. In fact....it has almost exactly double what you would expect for a building that size. That's because it was built in the 1940's in Virginia. They had to build separate toilet facilities for African Americans to comply with local codes.

The amount of time between the existence of Tyrannosaurus and Stegosaurus is greater than the amount of time between the extinction of Tyrannosaurus and today. By the time Tyrannosaurus appeared, Stegosaurus had already been extinct for 80 million years

Salfrog and Paint It Purple like this.
  7. For any group of 25 random people, odds are that at least two will share the same birthday.

TheElephant likes this.
  8. #28 Frog-in-law1995, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    The remains of Richard III of England were discovered a few years ago beneath a parking lot in Leicester.

Salfrog likes this.
  9. After her death in 1927, Lizzie Borden's last will and testament revealed she had left $2,000 to the Animal Rescue League of Washington, DC.

10. Texas Is Bigger Than France

11. #31 tcudoc, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    If you are in El Paso, you are closer to Los Angeles than you are to Beaumont.
    If you are in Texarkana, you are closer to Chicago than you are to El Paso.

I heard this long ago and wasn't sure it was true. I fact checked it and it is.

Little known fact about Van Halen for @Frog-in-law1995
    After Sammy Hagar left the band and right before Van Halen presented with DLR at the MTV Music Awards (making everyone wonder if Dave was re-joining the band), they had auditioned and hired a singer named Mitch Malloy. Due to the MTV issue and the unrealistic expectations that the fans were now going to have, he ultimately turned down the offer after being in the band for only a couple of weeks tops.
    Eddie had a song he had written that he gave to Mitch Malloy to write lyrics for and finish the vocals and mixing. A few years later, he pulled it off the shelf and did just that. It is called "It's the Right Time" and it is really a good song. Any die hard VH fan should check it out.

I ripped the audiofile onto my computer so i have it on my obscure VH playlist along with about 50 other unreleased VH related material such as the soundtrack to the movie Wild Life and the unofficial tapes that Gene Simmons presented to the record label to help VH get signed with Warner Brothers in the mid seventies.
    I really enjoy obscure recordings from my favorite artists.

12. I live in El Paso and if given the choice of Los Angeles or Beaumont I'd pick Albuquerque.

Salfrog, bleedpurple, tcudoc and 2 others like this.
  13. [​IMG]

Eight likes this.
  14. That’s pretty cool. Doesn’t sound like a VH song, but I like it.

tcudoc likes this.
  15. In the rain. In overtime. Yes!!!!

16. Not sure what this means, but we'll go with it.

ftwfrog likes this.
  17. Great Slave lake in NW Territories Canada is the deepest lake in North America at 2014 feet. It is named after the slur name (Slavey) given the Dene tribe by their arch enemies the Cree.

18. I believe it's referred to as "unmasking".

19. All Abrahamic languages go towards Jerusalem

(point of origin —> Jerusalem) left to right
    or
    (Jerusalem <— point of origin) right to left

Arabic, Aramaic, Latin, Hebrew, English, Spanish, etc

tcudoc likes this.
  20. Born again Christian here... as of about a month ago... it hit me like a brick wall. I am all in, and I fully expect to be persecuted for my faith.

The Bible is 100% accurate in its prophecies, yet many people deny it... for the most part because they have no desire to read a long book, but instead chose to listen to others or base their arguments on youtube videos.

Rather than argue about politics, what is going to happen because of COVID, and of course, the upcoming election, one could simply read the verses below, and realize that the answer is already out there. As long as you can discern those actually receiving God’s word from the false prophets, then you will be prepared for what is about to happen in our country for the rest of the year. Spolier alert: It doesnt get better from here. I do not have a prophetic gift, but I listen to those who do, and then I pray about it. Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and brace yourself.
    Amos 3:7
    Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Acts 2:17
    And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.