1. The KillerFrogs

Post the most random interesting fact that you know...

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by tcudoc, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Drop some obscure and, possibly, useless knowledge that you think 95% or more of our forum would not otherwise know.

I'll start:
    Alaska is the state that is furthest North, furthest West,...and furthest East (Aleutian Islands cross the time line)
    Hawai'i is furthest South

"Britney Spears" is an Anagram for "Presbyterians"
    #freebritney

MTV facts:
    Started August 1st, 1981
    First five videos played:
    The Buggles-Video Killed the Radio Star
    Pat Benatar-You Better Run
    Rod Stewart-She Won't Dance With Me
    The Who-You Better You Bet
    PhD-Little Suzie's on the Up
    First video to be repeated:
    Most prolific:
    Rod Stewart had 8 different videos played in the first 100, 11 different videos in the first 24 hours, and 16 video plays total in the first 24 hours.
    Three artists had videos played 5 times in the first 24 hours:
    Phil Collins-In the Air Tonight
    April Wine-Just Between You and Me

Additional random fact:
    The singer/guitarist/bass player of The Buggles was Trevor Horn, who was the singer for the Yes album Drama, which was the only Yes album that did not feature Jon Anderson as the singer from 1970 until 2009. He did a great job and that album has two of my all time favorite Yes songs. The Buggles' keyboard player/drummer was Geoff Downes, who later played with Yes and then helped form the band Asia.

Trivia question:
    In the 4 major sports (NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB), name as many teams as you can that do not end with the letter "s" (I count 12 at the current time) Try to do it without looking on the internet.

2. Most golf balls have between 300 to 500 dimples.

tcudoc likes this.
  3. The ocean liner Queen Elizabeth II got 6 inches to the gallon of diesel fuel.

Mean Purple and tcudoc like this.
  4. CMT was originally CMTV, until MTV filed some trademark issue.
    The first video on CMT was Faron Young's It's Four in the Morning was the first video. It was a clip of a live performance.

Charlie Rich was actually friends with John Denver. (interesting way to pass on the torch)

tcudoc likes this.
  5. At only 2" long, the Snapping (or Pistol) Shrimp rivals both the sperm Whale and Beluga whale for loudest animal in the sea. One claw is half the size of the shrimp's body and has a hammer that produces, light, 218 decibels of sound, a cavitation bubble and brief heat that's 86% as hot a the sun's surface. -- all in a microsecond.

It uses this pistol to stun small fish and feeds on them. In large groups, it has been known to interfere with Sonar and antisubmarine warfare.

You can't make this stuff up.

tcudoc likes this.
  6. See below in the spoiler box for the answer to the trivia question about teams that end in "s"

MLB

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Boston Red Sox

Chicago White Sox

NHL

Colorado Avalanche

Tampa Bay Lightning

Minnesota Wild

Seattle Kraken

(The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim used to qualify but they changed their name in 2006)

NBA

Miami Heat

Orlando Magic

Oklahoma City Thunder

Utah Jazz

NFL

Washington Football Team (team name listed on the NFL.com website currently)

ftwfrog likes this.
  7. Mozart once wrote a piece for 6 voices titled “Lick me in the a*%”

8. [​IMG]

9. The word “Google” comes from a jibberish answer provided by the granddaughter of American mathematician Edward Kasner when asked what name she would give to the the number represented by a 1 followed by 100 zeroes.

10. Covid is just the flu.

[​IMG]

FrogCop19, Salfrog, Frogs01 and 11 others like this.
  11. Doesn't that make it a trick question?

12. [​IMG]

Dildo, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, has a population of 1,234 according to the 2016 cenus. The honorary mayor of Dildo is Jimmy Kimmel.

13. [​IMG]

14. Ty Summers?

Salfrog, Spike and Eight like this.
  15. According to the folks at Guiness, the world's largest turnip weighed 39 pounds 3 ounces and was grown by a couple in Palmer, AK.

tcudoc likes this.
  16. Head....hurts.......

FrogCop19 and Salfrog like this.
  17. Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FrogCop19 and RoyaltyWorePurple like this.
  18. The last official air to air shoot down in the European theater of World War II took place between two spotter aircraft. In the very closing days of May ‘45. The American piper cub is unarmed. The German Storch observer aircraft has a fixed machine gun. The shoot down occurred when the piper cub passed the German Storch at a higher altitude and spotted the Storch below them. They quickly winged over, dove down, pulled in beside the Storch, threw open the two side doors of the piper cub & both the American pilot and the observer pulled out their colt 45’s and emptied their clips into the Storch causing the German aircraft to crash. Thus the last air to air shoot down in the European theater was won by an American “unarmed” aircraft.

FrogCop19, Salfrog, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  19. Males snakes have 2 reproductive organs...and can use either during coitus.