Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Utes

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Eight

I guess we’ll see about that men’s basketball thing next Wednesday

what i meant but did a poor job of stating is that tcu's men's basketball program has gotten better since joining the big 12 and not it is better than utah's.

now that i think about it not sure that i have watched a utah basketball game since the days of fat rick.

trying to think which other programs at tcu that have gotten definitively better as a team since joining the big 12

Pharm Frog

what i meant but did a poor job of stating is that tcu's men's basketball program has gotten better since joining the big 12 and not it is better than utah's.

now that i think about it not sure that i have watched a utah basketball game since the days of fat rick.

trying to think which other programs at tcu that have gotten definitively better as a team since joining the big 12
I can think of one that’s not gotten better. And…the Utah team of this sport is still alive in the NCAA playoffs and may face their friends from Provo in the next round.

RangerUte

Our BB program is not very good right now.

Cougar/Frog

Utah lost to its arch rival in this, its best post MWC season. It wasn't quite the beatdown TCU gave the Utes in their last two MWC seasons.

P12 sucks bad. The current MWC as well as BYU dominated the P12 this year.

Moose Stuff

I don’t see this as being a close call. Utes have fared better.
It’s actually a VERY close call in terms of football on field performance and TCU is arguably the better program during that time due to more top 10 finishes (3-0 I believe). As for other mens sports…. Our baseball is easily better than theirs and I’m not sure basketball is much different though honestly I’m pretty ignorant about Utah’s hoops team.

CountryFrog

Strictly looking at football: Up through 2017 it was TCU far and away. The decline of the Frogs over the last 4 years while Utah has continued being good has evened things up quite a bit imo. I'd still give the Frogs a slight edge because of those 3 top 10 finishes and we've been in the playoff discussion.

I do think Utah benefits a little from being in a weaker PAC 12. That South division is particularly unimpressive with USC being so down. But it's still a good conference and they can't control those other programs being down so I still give them tons of credit for continuing to be a consistently good team just about every year.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Hands down TCU over the entire time since the MWC breakup. Seems like some are basing this on the last couple of years.

Pharm Frog

Hands down TCU over the entire time since the MWC breakup. Seems like some are basing this on the last couple of years.
I’m basing my opinion on the proverbial trend line which I believes shows a program in steady decline with recent increasing velocity of decline against a program that shows an overall incline from the time of the move. I actually wasn’t thinking about campus infrastructure, academic accreditations, enrollment patterns, swimming and diving, etc. By a couple of years I assume you mean four years or roughly half the time from the MWC exit.

RangerUte

Utah lost to its arch rival in this, its best post MWC season. It wasn't quite the beatdown TCU gave the Utes in their last two MWC seasons.

P12 sucks bad. The current MWC as well as BYU dominated the P12 this year.
It’s worse than that: FCS Montana beat Washington in Seattle. But Utah probably should have started (Texas transfer) Cam Rising instead of (Baylor transfer) Charlie Brewer those first 3 games. Rising was unanimously voted captain despite not being a starter. But to your point: there are three teams which have played physically hard. Utah, Oregon and Oregon State (inconsistent). UCLA and bASUra are not complete teams yet and Washington State is inconsistent as well. When TCU played Utah, TCU had better athletes yet Whittingham eked out a victory. Same year, Alabama has much more talent but loses to Utah in the Sugar Bowl. To appropriate Ecclesiastes 9:11:
“ I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.”