• The KillerFrogs

Post Iowa State odds for the rest of our games

Froggish

There was a picture posted during "fall" camp of Mathis and I posted something like "looks too small" and got destroyed. Dude had gotten hyped like he's Myles Garrett coming out of HS

It's really really hard for me to understand what happened to Gladney and Gaines this season. Gladney is like a shell of himself and Gaines looks like his head is in the clouds half of the time
In fairness Mathis is playing essentially the first meaningful snaps of his career..He’ll should get bigger and better. I bet you can count less than 10-20 freshman in P5 that are starting on a Dline or OLine..He just isn’t ready and probably needed another year before being counted on for meaningful snaps

jake102

In fairness Mathis is playing essentially the first meaningful snaps of his career..He’ll should get bigger and better. I bet you can count less than 10-20 freshman in P5 that are starting on a Dline or OLine..He just isn’t ready and probably needed another year before being counted on for meaningful snaps

No doubt, the preseason hype was interesting though. I think he will be fine, but he needs another 20 - 30lbs and plenty of additional motor

Wexahu

From what I saw he hardly gave any effort, that's the most concerning part. It honestly had the look of a guy that thought he was going through a walk-through practice, no intensity or purpose whatsoever.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Something that all those teams can do that we evidently cannot: Play as a team. Save for one game, we have looked like a kicked ant mound out there on the field.

Each and every one of those outfits would kick the living crap out of the Frog team we saw on 5 October. I would like to think that, given the extra practices and off week and all, that we'd improve. You know, get our acts together. But painful experience shows us that our Coaching Staff is unable to do such simple tasks. We have regressed from the "peak" of the Purdue game and slid down into the slop. No identity. No leadership. No spirit. Nothing.

Maybe they spring back. A miracle could come to pass, and they learn to hunt together. From what I have seen, the odds of such are slim.

Gimme OU to cover. By a lot.

Froggish

From what I saw he hardly gave any effort, that's the most concerning part. It honestly had the look of a guy that thought he was going through a walk-through practice, no intensity or purpose whatsoever.

Effort is extremely concerning

Let's talk about a few things:
1) Why in gods name was Mathis hyped so much? We built this dude a statute before he did a freaking thing. Why do we act like we have Demarcus Ware on the roster before we ever saw him play? SO scheissing exhausting

2) Why is Reagor on the roster? Our use of him is deplorable. That alone should cost Cumbie a job. It's incredible that the phone lines aren't backed up over this. I will pay one of you to ask GP how he justifies making 5 million a year while squandering a first round talent at receiver like we currently are. He'll never have to answer for it because this program is complacent and he's a glorified DC.

3) How we can be so consistently bad offensively in this conference should have everyone up in arms. Do you know how easy it it to be competent in this conference? Gary is getting a 4 year pass for not having a competent offense and I cannot fathom why. Guess he can't be expected to walk over to the side of the practice field. "Ask Sonny."

4) Why are we always "growing them up?" We don't do that well as this year has shown. my god.

5) Blackshear has been a real terror. Opposing OC's stay up all night scheming around him.

6) This was heralded preseason as possibly gary's best defense ever. LMAOOOOO. This defense absolutely sucks. The secondary was supposed to be the strength of this team and they have been absolutely garbage. It's fine- keep promoting from within it's worked so well the last 4 years.

How people in FW are not sounding alarms over this is beyond me. The fact that we are favored over Baylor right now is hysterical. I'm on my way to deposit my entire 401K on Baylor
When you said you weren't going to watch the games this year, we were all hoping you wouldn't post here anymore as well.

LVH

I think we are the kind of team that’s always going to be a hard read by Vegas.. We were +3.5 last week and got boat raced and embarrassed...I’ve heard it said that the most difficult teams for Vegas to get a read on are the teams who success and failures are so completely tied to the QB position..We are solid enough at most positions that with good QB play we can be in every game outside of OU..But we don’t know who’s going to show up at QB or OC most weeks

What people need to realize is nothing happens in a vacuum... where we stand is relative to how other teams do

I know the metrics that go into these things and generating spreads still have us as a team ranked between 20-35 with a top 20 defense. Even with the Iowa State and SMU losses factored in.

Even though the SMU game was a loss, the statistics that get plugged into create these algorithms and metrics that rank teams judged our game against SMU as a win. "Post game win expectancy" is an advanced measure that grades what % of the time a team will win a game given the final statistics for the game for both teams. Our post game win expectancy against SMU was in the 75% range. Meaning, given the stats between us and SMU, we should have won that game about 75% of the time. Which is why our SMU game is actually a positive for us in these metrics right now. And its metrics like these that create spreads

LVH

Thats what I saw from him in the 2nd half of Iowa State. Once they started running the ball every play I was watching him at DE specifically and EVERY PLAY you had a tight end driving him 5 yards off the ball and its like he didn't even care. That's how I knew our comeback was going to fall short because he was not providing any resistance at all. Might as well have had no one in there at all.

Thats what I saw from him in the 2nd half of Iowa State. Once they started running the ball every play I was watching him at DE specifically and EVERY PLAY you had a tight end driving him 5 yards off the ball and its like he didn't even care. That's how I knew our comeback was going to fall short because he was not providing any resistance at all. Might as well have had no one in there at all.
My assumption watching him was more along the lines that he was mentally and physically getting his butt kicked. As bad as it sounds, I guess it would be a positive if it were mostly effort related because that is at least something that can possibly be corrected. I'm not sure that the other thing can be overcome during the time of the season that is left. Whatever it was, I know it didn't look good but I forgot to set the DVR for the 2d half when we changed channels so I haven't gone back and re-watched to see if I look at it differently with a second look.