• The KillerFrogs

Post-Game information

4th. down

If I’m ISU, no way I’m falling for a fake punt there. They would’ve played it safe. Just line up and go for it, Frogs!

CONFIDENCE - Sonny calls the plays and he doesn't think we could make a 1st. without a trick play. No CONFIDENCE in his own brand of offense. Sounds like a joke I know, but it isn't.

PO Frog

CONFIDENCE - Sonny calls the plays and he doesn't think we could make a 1st. without a trick play. No CONFIDENCE in his own brand of offense. Sounds like a joke I know, but it isn't.
The question is, IMO, is it really Sonnie's brand of offense? I don't think it is.

Eight

Well according to that quote...he’s had conversations...If those conversations are falling on deaf ears I would expect him to be the one to open them..

Gary is greatness and I’m not implying that he isn’t brilliant but mistakes are mistakes and you shouldn’t get a pass because your a hall of famer

you get a pass because it is human to make mistakes and not for what has been accomplished.

BABYFACE

Man, you guys are really piling on gary here.

We don’t know what was said between him and Cumbie.

Agreed. GP has said he tries to keep his hands off the offense and let the OC make personnel decisions. But also said he gives his input during coaches meetings.

During the Leach era at Tech, it wasn’t unusual to see a Tech QB throw 3-4 picks but also throw for 5-7 TD’s in a game. It could possible that SC and GP might have a different barometer on what is acceptable mistakes.

Double V

Sonny Dykes may have been more important than we gave him credit for.

Cumbie may not be a taction to employ his offensive personnel in a manner that they can become a well groomed offensive unit. QB coach, ok, but a offensive taction, I haven't seen it the last 2 games. Looks like complete disorganization and I don't know how much Luper has of that since he represents the offense on the field, being late for the opening kickoff, not getting plays in on time, having the right personnel in the game for the play Sonny is calling, etc.

GP, in the past you have been pretty good with the come to Jesus meetings, seems like during the off week, you could help the offense get more organized like your defense. Believe we have come to that point.
Plus, we need some better gription on the football.

Rose Bowl

It’s becoming obvious that Cumbie is the main problem. It doesn’t seem that he’s very good with making adjustments during a game. Unless we are way less talented than we think we are the only thing holding us back is the play calling. I want to get the problem fixed now not next season.

Frog-in-law1995

It’s becoming obvious that Cumbie is the main problem. It doesn’t seem that he’s very good with making adjustments during a game. Unless we are way less talented than we think we are the only thing holding us back is the play calling. I want to get the problem fixed now not next season.

511 yards against Ohio State, and then two pretty good defenses, where we did slightly better against them points and yardage-wise, despite more turnovers, than we did in 2017 with a 5th year senior QB and 4 senior OLs.

Maybe chill a bit.

netty2424

What’s a taction?
Wasn’t he the rapper who just got killed?
xxx.jpg

H0RNEDFR0G

How many did we have all of last season? Drives me crazy!

17 turnovers in all of 2017, but our margin was at +3. If you're also forcing turnovers it's not that big of a deal, you just have to win the margin. This years margin is -7, which is good enough for last place in TO margin in the B12, and 2nd to last in Div 1 football, right in front of North Carolina at -8.

4th. down

Hate to say it but I see Cumbie moving on after this season. Maybe not even as a head coach but I doubt he will be back. His decision

At the beginning of the season I thought, not possible, but now, not so sure.

IMHO. he is not ready to become a HC at a Power5. I believe he's a good QB coach but so was Fuente. The major problem I see in this offensive coaching is that Sonny does not run the plays to our strength of the players on the field. We don't want Turp being the blocker nor Sewo running wide. Two times in the game we went deep, deep, on plays for 1st, downs when we only needed a couple - both incomplete. Iowa State was daring us to throw deep with their 3 deep safeties but we did it anyway.

Believe GP will address this in the off week and Sonny may think, maybe I better move on, but I hope not. Just modify his approach to the game.

Wexahu

At the beginning of the season I thought, not possible, but now, not so sure.

IMHO. he is not ready to become a HC at a Power5. I believe he's a good QB coach but so was Fuente. The major problem I see in this offensive coaching is that Sonny does not run the plays to our strength of the players on the field. We don't want Turp being the blocker nor Sewo running wide. Two times in the game we went deep, deep, on plays for 1st, downs when we only needed a couple - both incomplete. Iowa State was daring us to throw deep with their 3 deep safeties but we did it anyway.

Believe GP will address this in the off week and Sonny may think, maybe I better move on, but I hope not. Just modify his approach to the game.

The Head Coach and Coordinators need to be on the same page, and whether they are or not is up for debate, but at times it doesn't seem like it. That's the biggest issue to me. We seem to have this almost offense vs defense dynamic within our coaching staff that has been created by GP (they only scored 3 points on "me" - halftime of OSU game......what a strange comment for a HC to make in the middle of a game) and that can't make it easy on an OC.

If GP doesn't like the way Cumbie runs his offense he needs to find a new coordinator, because SC isn't going to be successful trying to run an offense that doesn't fit his style.

4th. down

The Head Coach and Coordinators need to be on the same page, and whether they are or not is up for debate, but at times it doesn't seem like it. That's the biggest issue to me. We seem to have this almost offense vs defense dynamic within our coaching staff that has been created by GP (they only scored 3 points on "me" - halftime of OSU game......what a strange comment for a HC to make in the middle of a game) and that can't make it easy on an OC.

If GP doesn't like the way Cumbie runs his offense he needs to find a new coordinator, because SC isn't going to be successful trying to run an offense that doesn't fit his style.

Many of us believe GP is the best defensive coach in football, college or pro. Is he expecting a offensive co. to be of the same stature? I don't think that's realistic because GP is at such a high level. I will never forget Fuente's coaching in the Rose, coming down to the end of the game, crunch time, and we had to have a 1st. down and he went to our strength for short yardage and it was Waymon James over right tackle - 1st. down Frogs, and then again, same play, as we were running out the clock. He didn't call for a pass in the endzone, slip screen, fade or anything else. Is it really that difficult if you know what your personnel is capable of?