• The KillerFrogs

Possible Incoming Basketball Transfers

Mavsman53

Also, if Bane comes back and Easley and Ihnen commit, we are full, correct? We wouldn't be able to add Hazard unless someone else leaves, at least that is my understanding

Eight

With Easley (sit) and Ilhen (play) likely the guard spot needs help. Max Hazzard may be an option if he doesn’t pick AZ. Thankfully they are a mess right now.

Leaves possibly 2 spots open.

Not as worried about the bigs as some are here. Its not the traditional game anymore and need someone down low but mostly have to guard the perimeter.

right now this is what i see on the roster

bane
mayen
samuel
nembhard
davis
barlow
fuller
farabello
smith
pearson
kennedy

totals 11 if bane returns for his senior season. aside from his ability to score bane is the only upperclassman on that list. 1 senior, 6 sophomores, and 4 freshmen.

that leaves 2 slots so if easley and ihnen come to tcu that completes the roster unless bane doesn't return or someone else leaves

in regards to the need for bigs quite frankly this is a similar discussion in my mind to when we first saw the spreads and hunh came to football. in the end line play is still a huge factor.

i agree offense has changed, but you still have to rebound, keep your opponent off the offensive glass and play interior defense. not an accident the team that won the national title was strong in all those areas despite not having a traditional low post scorer

CryptoMiner

Crypto, what are you hearing about how Ledee's visit went here? it sounds like if Easley commits, we will move on from Ledee

Waiting on Houston visit and should hear soon. Think its us or them and doubtful he decides to stay at OSU. Guessing UH has the edge but visit was fine.

There is room still.

CountryFrog

My main concern with the bigs is that if Samuel gets injured then we're pretty much screwed. We're really depending on him to stay healthy, stay away from foul trouble, and play at a high level.

I'm not writing off Barlow at all but even if he is good and Samuel gets injured then it'll be rough going with ONLY Barlow.

Eight

My main concern with the bigs is that if Samuel gets injured then we're pretty much screwed. We're really depending on him to stay healthy, stay away from foul trouble, and play at a high level.

I'm not writing off Barlow at all but even if he is good and Samuel gets injured then it'll be rough going with ONLY Barlow.

similar thoughts country, frogs roster really only has two bigs with barlow and samuel.

lat is 6'9", but looked much more comfortable playing out on the floor and struggled to hold his ground on the defensive boards.

teton frog mentioned the idea of frogs going to a 4 guard set next year and that may well happen. the problem comes on the defensive end and in a couple of those last season losses frogs interior defense got worked over pretty good.

Rose Bowl

Easley was rated a 4 star by ESPN coming out of high school. He committed to Will Wade before he took the LSU job. He could be a real steal.

Eight

I want Easley the most but Ihnen would be good too.

if i had to choose between the two, which thankfully for the program i don't, it would be ihnen for the potential upside and the fact he could possibly help immediately.

easley looks like a good prospect, but he has to sit a year and this team needs body in the front line next year and not 2020-21.

Eight

Interesting prospects for the future.

what is interesting is right now the roster projects to having 1 senior of it and that is if bane returns (which i believe he will for next year)

there always seems to be some degree of roster turnover in every program and who stays and who goes over the next year or so should be something to watch

Rose Bowl

if i had to choose between the two, which thankfully for the program i don't, it would be ihnen for the potential upside and the fact he could possibly help immediately.

easley looks like a good prospect, but he has to sit a year and this team needs body in the front line next year and not 2020-21.

It’s just me but Easley looks to be the better prospect. I’m not saying Ihnen won’t be great but the level of competition doesn’t look very good so I’m hesitant. The only guy I think is better than him coming in is PJ Fuller. He was the leading scorer as a true Fr at Chattanooga and for me that says a lot.

Eight

It’s just me but Easley looks to be the better prospect. I’m not saying Ihnen won’t be great but the level of competition doesn’t look very good so I’m hesitant. The only guy I think is better than him coming in is PJ Fuller. He was the leading scorer as a true Fr at Chattanooga and for me that says a lot.

i definitely can see why you feel this way and easley has the year in college going for him as a benchmark.

the deciding factor to me is in theory ihnen can play this upcoming season and easley is going to have to sit.

you hate having to make decisions out of need instead of taking the better prospect and maybe dixon and his staff will take the long game view.

i just have worries about a front line comprised of samuel and two big unknowns in barlow and lat and no one else because right now that is what they are rolling into the season with in their front line.