• The KillerFrogs

Ponies are coming

Ron Swanson

Ewww, gross
I’m no detective but I’ve got a pretty good idea who is responsible for the thread title:

6uUKRw_8bUoRO7hmHlm46ySIMVXCGQwrhAqmmsVNl3QLVaqHJCa-LCS40cTacwYY4E4QmGucWuCBik2ckXjJidNh3G-3nLWRwZTnxh_CkqnvLFfE_rLg

LVH

I actually watched SMU's games vs. University of North Texas and LA Tech and came away uninspired. Not an impressive team - they have taken a step back from 2019 for sure. They beat University of North Texas because ultimately their talent advantage came into play in the 4th quarter but University of North Texas is a bad team as evidenced by their blowout loss to UAB last week. Louisiana Tech looked like the better team in some areas and just couldn't finish the game.

One thing that stands out is SMU isn't a physical team on the defensive side of the ball. I know this is a cliche but I actually think we can get an easy win if we just line up and run it down their throats with Evans/Miller similar to how we wore down Cal. Establish the run and then look to pass when SMU comes into overcompensate. If we go in there trying to throw the ball around that play's into SMU's hands.

It's SMU so they will no doubt receive if they win the toss and run trick plays to get an early score and put the pressure on us. In the last 3 matchups in Fort Worth SMU has scored first and its almost always a TD drive aided by a trick play. If we can withstand the initial flurry from their first scripted drive or two and not panic this should be an easy win. This is what doomed us in 2019 compared to 2015 or 2017, in 2015/2017 we had senior QB leading the offense and didn't panic in response to the early SMU score.

Yesterday this forum complained about Barry again, the band, an 11:00 start, a white-out, game day music, volume and other distractions, Frog Alley, attendance, ticket prices and distribution, Hall of Fame Coach P’s secrecy and recent mediocre record, and Coach P offering friendly social media encouragement to fill the Carter for a rivalry game. There was probably complaining about the 100 year SMU rivalry too but I could not keep up.

Psychologists state that humans lean to the negative, we aren’t happy dogs. Then throw in social media is pack mentality—a wolf-pack gang mentality. Regarding pummeling Barry because he reflects poorly on KFc and pummeling most things related to the game and The Carter—at what point does the pummeling reflect more poorly on the pummelers than the pummeled? I wonder if prospective recruits check in.

Last edited:

Eight

Yesterday this forum complained about Barry again, the band, an 11:00 start, a white-out, attendance, ticket prices and distribution, our Hall of Fame Coach P and his mediocre record, and Coach P offering friendly social media encouragement to fill the Carter for a rivalry game. There was probably complaining about the 100 year rivalry too, but I could not keep up.

Psychologists state that humans lean to the negative, we aren’t happy dogs. Then throw in social media is pack mentality—a wolf-pack gang mentality. Regarding pummeling Barry because he reflects poorly on KFc, and pummeling all other things related to the game and The Carter, at what point does the pummeling reflect more poorly on the pummelers than the pummeled. I wonder if prospective recruits check in.

hmmm.....noticed you started with complaints about "barry again", referenced psychologists and social media, gave us a bit of marketing spin, and came back to barry.

oh, if a prospective recruit checks this site and crosses tcu off the list because of the barbs thrown at barry......well so be it barry,

think someone once said heavy is the head that wears the crown so i guess your and gary have something in common

Wexahu

I actually watched SMU's games vs. University of North Texas and LA Tech and came away uninspired. Not an impressive team - they have taken a step back from 2019 for sure. They beat University of North Texas because ultimately their talent advantage came into play in the 4th quarter but University of North Texas is a bad team as evidenced by their blowout loss to UAB last week. Louisiana Tech looked like the better team in some areas and just couldn't finish the game.

One thing that stands out is SMU isn't a physical team on the defensive side of the ball. I know this is a cliche but I actually think we can get an easy win if we just line up and run it down their throats with Evans/Miller similar to how we wore down Cal. Establish the run and then look to pass when SMU comes into overcompensate. If we go in there trying to throw the ball around that play's into SMU's hands.

It's SMU so they will no doubt receive if they win the toss and run trick plays to get an early score and put the pressure on us. In the last 3 matchups in Fort Worth SMU has scored first and its almost always a TD drive aided by a trick play. If we can withstand the initial flurry from their first scripted drive or two and not panic this should be an easy win. This is what doomed us in 2019 compared to 2015 or 2017, in 2015/2017 we had senior QB leading the offense and didn't panic in response to the early SMU score.

My lone concern about this game is that SMU again has a solid QB and Dykes surely knows our soft spots in our defense more than most, and how best to attack them. And our style on defense makes us so vulnerable to big plays, which gets magnified when playing against decent QBs who can locate and hit open receivers.

No doubt we are better than them but we're still going to need to play well to make this a comfortable win.

Eight

My lone concern about this game is that SMU again has a solid QB and Dykes surely knows our soft spots in our defense more than most, and how best to attack them. And our style on defense makes us so vulnerable to big plays, which gets magnified when playing against decent QBs who can locate and hit open receivers.

No doubt we are better than them but we're still going to need to play well to make this a comfortable win.

this, smu does have the physical talent at the outside receiver position.

tcu has not looked good so far this year at the corner position and the pass rush was lacking against cal. players do improve, some players can return to the lineup, and hopefully we see a higher level of play but to think those things can only happen for one team is myopic and how teams strengths and weaknesses match up is important.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
When TCU beats SMU on Saturday, the Frogs should give the skillet back to SMU since they’ve already lost so much the past few weeks. We can be nice and let them have a meaningless piece of metal.

Brog

Yesterday this forum complained about Barry again, the band, an 11:00 start, a white-out, game day music, volume and other distractions, Frog Alley, attendance, ticket prices and distribution, Hall of Fame Coach P’s secrecy and recent mediocre record, and Coach P offering friendly social media encouragement to fill the Carter for a rivalry game. There was probably complaining about the 100 year SMU rivalry too but I could not keep up.

Psychologists state that humans lean to the negative, we aren’t happy dogs. Then throw in social media is pack mentality—a wolf-pack gang mentality. Regarding pummeling Barry because he reflects poorly on KFc, and pummeling most things related to the game and The Carter—at what point does the pummeling reflect more poorly on the pummelers than the pummeled? I wonder if prospective recruits check in.

And some were complaining about Chopped Liver's posts. You forgot that.