• The KillerFrogs

Poll: Will you attend a game once sports resume?

Will you attend a sporting event if there is not a vaccine for coronavirus??

• Will not attend if there is not a vaccine.

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Will attend games like you usually do no matter what.

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Will only attend if no vaccine is available but social distancing is enforced at the game.

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
So ESPN posted a story about how Americans won't attended sporting events unless there's a vaccine available for the coronavirus. It was a very small number (762) of people that were polled and apparently not all of them were sports fans.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29018209/poll-fans-attend-games-vaccine

So I decided to make my own poll because all of us are sports fans.

What will you do? Go to the games, stay home, or only go with certain conditions.

Moose Stuff

ESPN is full of crap*. People would stampede to games, plague or no plague. And, since the heaps of corpses they promised us hasn't seemed to come to pass, the plague seems less and less threatening.

Bring on the games!

*"That's what Xi said!"

The main issue that would concern me is people not having the money to spend on sporting events. I think it's pretty reasonable to expect a large drop in attendance and probably a similar spike in TV ratings when games resume.

I didn't vote because the poll choices say "no matter what" but don't reflect what is the situation at the time. I'm relatively young, very healthy, in good shape and don't have any condition which would constitute a known high risk to me but I also would normally be around people who can't say the same. I'd hate to end up exposing someone else because of my own choices as to my personal risk level. That being said, based on the reaction thus far, I'm assuming that fans at sporting events and other large gatherings are going to be disallowed until the public health "experts" are unwilling to exert shaming and pressure on anyone who is in charge of allowing these events so that I even have a choice to make. Assuming that logic remains, yes, I would certainly attend football games this fall. There comes a point to where there has to be an end game in all this.

HFrog1999

I nearly died from the flu in 2008. It was a horrible experience. I don’t like getting sick and generally try to avoid sick people and crowds. However, life has to be lived. Every single one of us is going to die. We can’t live in fear, because that’s not living.

It’s popular to say #saferathome these days. Well 2 years ago my wife was shot while gardening in our backyard, so that’s BS.

We need to go back to work and to get back to normal. I doubt this virus is going to magically disappear because we stay inside. We’re just going to have to deal with it.

HFrog1999

Those desiring to social distance can sit in the Lower Bowel.

Maybe we can rejoin the WAC?

29441_1

Pharm Frog

Not sure the poll had enough clarity on the vaccine option. Would you go if the vaccine appears to have the same relative efficacy to the varicella vaccine? Would you go if a vaccine was available but less than 25% of people chose to be vaccinated? Would you go if the vaccine first approved is an attenuated vaccine? Would you go if the vaccine is a killed version but there's still unknowns as to the need for boosters?

Purp

Not sure the poll had enough clarity on the vaccine option. Would you go if the vaccine appears to have the same relative efficacy to the varicella vaccine? Would you go if a vaccine was available but less than 25% of people chose to be vaccinated? Would you go if the vaccine first approved is an attenuated vaccine? Would you go if the vaccine is a killed version but there's still unknowns as to the need for boosters?
Yes to all