In or out?

• Baylor in the MWC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baylor out of the MWC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Burner1

Tier 1
Houston would bring competitive teams and exposure in a major recruiting market (I know they have no fans, but you get some media exposure). What does Baylor bring? Some pretty good teams in non-revenue sports and ... Waco?

Bob

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 10 2010, 03:30 PM) [snapback]573509[/snapback]
Board filters do not allow me to post what I really want to say........but it rhymes with 'truck, no'..........

Cluckin A bro.

TCU2002

I feel much hate for Baylor.

But i would prefer to include them in the MWC over Boise (who I have many reservations about).

I think adding Baylor and the two Kansas schools to the MWC would make for a very exciting athletic conference.

A little perspective on Gaylor football...

Since joining the Big12 the Bears are 43-117 overall.

10 of those wins were against IAA schools.

Of those 33 remaining wins only 6 came against teams that finished the season with winning records.

Only 1 of those wins was against a team that finished the season with more than 7 wins.

The overall records of those 33 teams was 140-247.

They were 14-98 in Big12 games.

Those 14 teams combined to go 64-102,

Only 4 of those wins came against teams with winning records.

They were 5-66 versus the B12 South.

Only 1 of those wins was against a team that endded the season with a winning record.

They won 3 conference road games in 14 years.

Are you guys sure we want Gaylor in the MWC? I know they have an "elite" Basketball team now, and they kickass in the country club sports, but the football team they have put on the field the last 14 years wouldn't add a whole lot to the MWC.

Young and Horned

Would improve baseball, both basketballs, track, tennis, and they would be middle of the pack in football. Yes. I will still continue to hate Baylor, but they would be a good addition. Better than Fresno or Boise.

rynosdad

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 10 2010, 10:58 AM) [snapback]573607[/snapback]
I see TCU, Utah, BYU, Air Force, New Mexico, Colorado State and Boise State leaving the MWC and joining with the 5 left overs in either a new conference to be named later or the Big 12.

If you want to be bold, go to 14 and invite Loserville and Cincy or S. Miss and Memphis/Houston or really bold go to 16. Going to 16 will put us at the table when the other conferences go to 16 and there are 5 superconferces. Make the Cotton the 5th BCS bowl and off we go.

How does Boise leave a conference it hasn't joined yet? :tongue:

The MWC has worked hard to improve its stature. Adding Baylor will hurt that stature immensely. The entire nation equates Baylor with failure. Heck the words kinda rhyme.

Adding Baylor to the MWC will ruin the hard earned gains of the MWC.

So: not just no, but [SIZE=36pt]HELL NO!!![/SIZE]

sous vide

QUOTE(BirdDogFrog02 @ Jun 10 2010, 01:43 PM) [snapback]573759[/snapback]
you know, i'm surprised the poll's as close as it is

Probably some of our Baylor trolls looking to fake some support. :angry:

50FT FROG

QUOTE(Greene Street Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 04:41 PM) [snapback]573698[/snapback]
A little perspective on Gaylor football...

Since joining the Big12 the Bears are 43-117 overall.

10 of those wins were against IAA schools.

Of those 33 remaining wins only 6 came against teams that finished the season with winning records.

Only 1 of those wins was against a team that finished the season with more than 7 wins.

The overall records of those 33 teams was 140-247.
They were 14-98 in Big12 games.

Those 14 teams combined to go 64-102,

Only 4 of those wins came against teams with winning records.

They were 5-66 versus the B12 South.

Only 1 of those wins was against a team that endded the season with a winning record.

They won 3 conference road games in 14 years.
Are you guys sure we want Gaylor in the MWC? I know they have an "elite" Basketball team now, and they kickass in the country club sports, but the football team they have put on the field the last 14 years wouldn't add a whole lot to the MWC.

great post.

Limey Frog

How many times can I vote?

The MWC is hunting the Holy Grail of AQ status [or membership in whatever restructured post-season emerges from this]. We already have enough top 25 finishes. Boise would add more and bring up the league's average final poll standing. Baylor would do nothing toward that goal but bring the league's average poll standing down.

Baylor is a toxic asset.

c1.jpg

HUT-Frog

And let's just say that the Big XII somehow stays in tact with the four Texas schools, and they consider TCU. Are all you guys saying no because you don't want to be in with Baylor? :blink:

robbroyy

I haven't heard the MWC is mentioning anyone beside Boise. It's all been conjecture by media as to what will happen with the Big 12. I've heard TCU joins the Big 12 and I've heard the rest of the Big 12 joins the MWC. But there's been [SIZE=24pt]NO[/SIZE] reports saying that a source has said the MWC is considering X, Y, or Z.

713frog

QUOTE(HUT-Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 01:33 PM) [snapback]573946[/snapback]
And let's just say that the Big XII somehow stays in tact with the four Texas schools, and they consider TCU. Are all you guys saying no because you don't want to be in with Baylor? :blink:

nm

macaroni

QUOTE(robbroyy @ Jun 10 2010, 12:41 PM) [snapback]573956[/snapback]
I haven't heard the MWC is mentioning anyone beside Boise. It's all been conjecture by media as to what will happen with the Big 12. I've heard TCU joins the Big 12 and I've heard the rest of the Big 12 joins the MWC. But there's been [SIZE=24pt]NO[/SIZE] reports saying that a source has said the MWC is considering X, Y, or Z.

Actually wasn't there one yesterday of Beebe saying they'd go for BYU and AFA?

Endless Purple

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 10 2010, 11:43 AM) [snapback]573704[/snapback]
Would improve baseball, both basketballs, track, tennis, and they would be middle of the pack in football. Yes. I will still continue to hate Baylor, but they would be a good addition. Better than Fresno or Boise.

None of that would add dollars to the MWC TV contract. Plus some of those have not been consistently good.

Baylor offers nothing to the MWC to justify bringing them in. At least UH, Boise, Kansas schools can offer a little negotiating power for the TV contracts and bowl bids.

Aside from looking at numbers, they have done nothing but bash TCU and their conferences since the split. I have never heard one good thing from Baylor supporting TCU in anything. Why should we bail them out now. They have pennance to pay in Denton.