• The KillerFrogs

Poll: The MWC is considering Baylor, you have TCU's vote

In or out?

• Baylor in the MWC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baylor out of the MWC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
All things being equal ... admission of Baylor has no bearing on BCS inclusion or more TV dollars or anything that might give you other reasons to consider. Just based on what Baylor has to offer the conference and its future. You sit in the TCU seat at the super-secret MWC meeting discussing the inclusion of potential expansion candidates. The vote gets to Baylor. What say you?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Board filters do not allow me to post what I really want to say........but it rhymes with 'truck, no'..........

leofrog

i said no, but it depends on how many teams the Mountain West expands to. If it is 12 or 14, then I would say no. If we expanded to 16 teams, then I would say they probably will make it, and will be TCU's travel partner.

713frog

QUOTE(leofrog @ Jun 10 2010, 10:31 AM) [snapback]573512[/snapback]
i said no, but it depends on how many teams the Mountain West expands to. If it is 12 or 14, then I would say no. If we expanded to 16 teams, then I would say they probably will make it, and will be TCU's travel partner.

i say never

FrogAbroad

throw-up.jpg

froginaustin

Baylor has used conference membership to recruit against TCU ever since they left the SWC (if I am to believe what I read on the internet :smile: ).

A recruiting pitch is supposed to be subject to institutional control, through the athletic department right up to the top level of university leadership. This recruiting tactic, if it was/is used, is Official Baylor, not the rantings of internet posters.

There must be consequences for negative recruiting, when consequences can be appropriately visited. And not supporting Baylor for membership in our conference is in my opinion consequences appropriately applied, for insults that are meant to harm TCU's interests for Baylor's benefit.

leofrog

QUOTE(The Main @ Jun 10 2010, 10:36 AM) [snapback]573524[/snapback]
i say never

I kinda agree, except we are overlooking the fact that the leftover Big 12 schools might have more leverage than we think. If we want Kansas and Kansas State, they might say ok, if we will take the others. I am not saying that the Kansas schools care about Baylor, but they do have that leverage.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
:tongue: QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 10:43 AM) [snapback]573552[/snapback]
Looks like BaylorDan must be logged in today

Houston Frog

QUOTE(leofrog @ Jun 10 2010, 10:44 AM) [snapback]573558[/snapback]
I kinda agree, except we are overlooking the fact that the leftover Big 12 schools might have more leverage than we think. If we want Kansas and Kansas State, they might say ok, if we will take the others. I am not saying that the Kansas schools care about Baylor, but they do have that leverage.

I just can't imagine anyone in the Big XII North having any sort of allegiance to Baylor. Maybe I'm wrong and just don't know the inner-feelings (couldn't think of a better term) of the Big XII, but I just have a hard time believing anyone in the state of Kansas would give two rats arses about whether they can bring their buddy Baylor.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 10 2010, 10:30 AM) [snapback]573509[/snapback]
Board filters do not allow me to post what I really want to say........but it rhymes with 'truck, no'..........

In a similar vein, I would like to say "tailor pan turn in fun pelt tell, pill the rend of rhyme, shuck tim." :tongue:

macaroni

If the MWC does the plucking then I don't see Baylor getting in unless we go huge. If there is some kind of merger in which the remnants of the Big 12 bring in the top half of the MWC then Baylor will skate through again.

YA

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 10:51 AM) [snapback]573581[/snapback]
If the MWC does the plucking then I don't see Baylor getting in unless we go huge. If there is some kind of merger in which the remnants of the Big 12 bring in the top half of the MWC then Baylor will skate through again.

I see TCU, Utah, BYU, Air Force, New Mexico, Colorado State and Boise State leaving the MWC and joining with the 5 left overs in either a new conference to be named later or the Big 12.

If you want to be bold, go to 14 and invite Loserville and Cincy or S. Miss and Memphis/Houston or really bold go to 16. Going to 16 will put us at the table when the other conferences go to 16 and there are 5 superconferces. Make the Cotton the 5th BCS bowl and off we go.

Froglaw

Baylor had their chance to stick with TCU, SMU, Rice, and UH.

My response is F$%^ Off and Die.

Enjoy the Sunbelt and that heated rivalry with University of North Texas.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 10 2010, 10:58 AM) [snapback]573607[/snapback]
I see TCU, Utah, BYU, Air Force, New Mexico, Colorado State and Boise State leaving the MWC and joining with the 5 left overs in either a new conference to be named later or the Big 12.

If you want to be bold, go to 14 and invite Loserville and Cincy or S. Miss and Memphis/Houston or really bold go to 16. Going to 16 will put us at the table when the other conferences go to 16 and there are 5 superconferces. Make the Cotton the 5th BCS bowl and off we go.

The five leftovers from the Big 12 will no longer be a sanctioned conference and should have no bargaining power at all. They're left swinging in the wind. Good-bye Baylor.

Coach Pattersons Dog

Maybe... just maybe... Baylor would have a chance of winning a conference football championship in C-USA... 10 to 20 years after they join... but I'm being generous here. Do I want Baylor in the MWC? NO. NEVER. Let them ROT in their post apocalyptic BIG XII he-doublehockeysticks!

To AD Del Conte, Commish Thompson, TFrog and any other influential alums or officials of our university and conference... I DO NOT want Baylor in the MWC. PERIOD.