• The KillerFrogs

Poll - Mac or no more Mac?

Should Killerfrogs continue posting articles written by Big Steaming Pile (directly providing him w/clicks)?

• Total voters

PurpleBlood87

Mods censor everyone else’s posts, why not Mac.

For the record, while I rarely agree with his shock jock headlines and hit piece articles, but don’t think anyone should be censored here, Mac included.

It's not really censoring. It's more like a tree falling in the forest with not human around thing.

PurpleBlood87

Need clarification.
Would we still be able to ridicule?

Heck, would it even be in context to ridicule at that point.

FOR EXAMPLE:
If there is no article and someone posts, "hey, muck, hows your wife with my kid", would it work as well as if there was an article?

But Mac already said years ago that he never reads KFC because I believe he said he doesn't pay to go on websites.

Casey T

All the points made in this thread summarize both sides of the topic. Not trying to convince anyone to change their mind, I understand people can have a different view on something and both be 100% sure they are right and they understand the other side. I just wanted to see what the board thinks. As I've stated in other threads, I would hope a baylor fan who wrote articles trashing TCU would not be posted on this site. But I also understand the points about this being a slippery slope. Ultimately it's up to the board owners

PurpleBlood87

Hey, Gil LeBreton posts PressBox DFW articles himself. As a bonus, PressBox's articles are much better written and more informative.

Rather than posting Mac's articles for him, how about we treat him evenly? Let Mac own his stuff and post it himself. It's not like he isn't lurking around here.

And a month's subscription to DFW Pressbox is much cheaper.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
By suggesting that links to those articles should be removed, yeah that is a censorship decision because what we are saying is that we should aggregate news articles about TCU, but not ones that we don't like the content of. I can't really get behind that sort of thinking.
Hardly. Censorship is direct use of force, or threat of force, to stop the publication of or dissemination of particular content. No one is forcing you to carry Muck's garbage, just as no one is pointing a gun to your head to not do so. Additionally, anyone truly interested in his worthless opinion of the day can drop on by the Startlegram and read away. No one would be stopping them.

The Muck is not a fan of the TCU program, and does his level best to run us into the ground. His schtick is hardly a new thing, and has been his act for years. Why this website would link to such a person and presumably boost his standing with his employer is beyond me...

ThisIsOurTime

I have a good compromise. Just make it that his articles have to be posted only in Killingsworth Forum or Top's Corner. Mac's articles are only superficially about sports as they are really just drama filled soap opera pieces. His main goal is political which is to run down TCU as whole. So putting him in the political section makes sense. This would make both groups content: those who don't like his stuff will be able to freely avoid it and those who do like his stuff can go to the Killingsworth Forum to view it.

Eight

I have a good compromise. Just make it that his articles have to be posted only in Killingsworth Forum or Top's Corner. Mac's articles are only superficially about sports as they are really just drama filled soap opera pieces. His main goal is political which is to run down TCU as whole. So putting him in the political section makes sense. This would make both groups content: those who don't like his stuff will be able to freely avoid it and those who do like his stuff can go to the Killingsworth Forum to view it.

curious how they CAN"T AVOID his articles at this time?

ThisIsOurTime

curious how they CAN"T AVOID his articles at this time?
The board is spammed with his clickbait articles and often times it is not clear from the thread title that it is a Big Steaming Pile article. This is only learned after people open the thread. Given his reputation and many people not being interested in seeing his articles, it should at the very least be a rule that it says Big Steaming Pile and then the title of the article. This way people can choose to ignore such threads. Or instead let one person only post those articles and then we can choose to put that person on ignore and miss Mac's articles. Or as I said before, just have his articles posted in the Killingworth Forum. If they truly are so valuable to some people here, they can go there to read them.

And another question that needs to be asked given the irrational support for so many articles from Mac on this site: Is Engel paying someone on the board or giving some other compensation to post his articles on the site? Free speech claims fall flat when so many other alternatives could be utilized.

Eight

The board is spammed with his clickbait articles and often times it is not clear from the thread title that it is a Big Steaming Pile article. This is only learned after people open the thread. Given his reputation and many people not being interested in seeing his articles, it should at the very least be a rule that it says Big Steaming Pile and then the title of the article. This way people can choose to ignore such threads. Or instead let one person only post those articles and then we can choose to put that person on ignore and miss Mac's articles. Or as I said before, just have his articles posted in the Killingworth Forum. If they truly are so valuable to some people here, they can go there to read them.

And another question that needs to be asked given the irrational support for so many articles from Mac on this site: Is Engel paying someone on the board or giving some other compensation to post his articles on the site? Free speech claims fall flat when so many other alternatives could be utilized.

damn, some of you are waaaaaay beyond the tinfoil hat brigade on this thing

i don't ready anything he writes and don't really give a [ Finebaum ] what he writes as he doesn't impact my life and i don't know many who take him with any sincerity.

you want to restrict who can post a link to his articles?

what's next? only positive thoughts about gary and the program?

it would seem to me if this really bothers some of you this much you have a few options:

1) buy out the owner and implement your restrictions on mac as it is obvious they aren't nearly as bothered as some of you

2) vote with your proverbial feet and leave the site.

3) just freaking get over it.

Opintel

Moderators
Not gonna read all this - just ID the writer. Let the mob decide on viewing, with proper information on who penned it.

BTW - I read the NYT, not the Startlegram (he's one of the reasons for that).

That's all I got.

ThisIsOurTime

damn, some of you are waaaaaay beyond the tinfoil hat brigade on this thing

i don't ready anything he writes and don't really give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] what he writes as he doesn't impact my life and i don't know many who take him with any sincerity.

you want to restrict who can post a link to his articles?

what's next? only positive thoughts about gary and the program?

it would seem to me if this really bothers some of you this much you have a few options:

1) buy out the owner and implement your restrictions on mac as it is obvious they aren't nearly as bothered as some of you

2) vote with your proverbial feet and leave the site.

3) just freaking get over it.

The people on the site did vote in this thread. Why don't you respect the wishes of 2/3rds of the people of the board who don't care to see his articles?

Your post is simply a strawman that deliberately ignores several reasonable alternative solutions that I gave which would still allow people to read Mac's articles on the site. Heck another solution could be that only 1 Mac article a month is allowed. This way it would cut down on the Mac spam.

Eight

The people on the site did vote in this thread. Why don't you respect the wishes of 2/3rds of the people of the board who don't care to see his articles?

Your post is simply a strawman that deliberately ignores several reasonable alternative solutions that I gave which would still allow people to read Mac's articles on the site. Heck another solution could be that only 1 Mac article a month is allowed. This way it would cut down on the Mac spam.[/QUOTE

first and foremost this isn't a scheissing democracy, it is a private venture with a singular owner as far as i can tell and last time i checked she didn't ask what anyone on this board thought about this matter

as far as the straw man line holy [ Finebaum ] you are giving me way too much credit

if you don't like the policies of the site scheissing leave, if enough of you leave that will get the attention of ownership, but i am not sure which is funnier to me.

how much mac upsets some of you by being posted on this board or the fact some of you believe a freaking poll where less than 100 have voted somehow should impact the decisions of ownership.

screw it, the sense of self importance wins my vote.....oh wait, maybe that should be another poll

Bob Sugar

Maybe the solution is for Top to not post every single article out there, every morning, regardless of whether it has already been posted in a thread that has a dozen pages.

That would solve the issue.