• The KillerFrogs

Poll: Jalen Reagor's Draft Position

What Round and Pick (if any) will be used to take Montae Reagor in this year's NFL Draft?

• Total voters

Horned Toad

Dude has skills, late first or early second round based on his speed and position flexibility. He’s a great Frog, hate to see him leave early.

Honest question: What good is top-end speed if you fail to run clean routes or catch the ball consistently? Added bonus: What if you don't block well, and trip over your own feet trying to get the wheels going?

He's a good 4th-5th Round risk. No way in hell would I pay 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Round money for a player that isn't well-rounded at his position, and wasn't consistent over a 3-year period in college. He also showed a bit of an attitude and lack of teamwork down the stretch. That information can't be ignored, either.

Eight

Honest question: What good is top-end speed if you fail to run clean routes or catch the ball consistently? Added bonus: What if you don't block well, and trip over your own feet trying to get the wheels going?

He's a good 4th-5th Round risk. No way in hell would I pay 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Round money for a player that isn't well-rounded at his position, and wasn't consistent over a 3-year period in college. He also showed a bit of an attitude and lack of teamwork down the stretch. That information can't be ignored, either.

routes can be taught, catching the ball can be taught, running your ass off and being able to explode out of breaks can't be taught.

his consistency is partly on him, but also on the coaching staff and as long as he answers the right questions, loves the game, he has played hurt, and has tape like the baylor game and the ok state where he lifted the offense that will go a very long way for a number of teams.

jake102

I'd have no problem with the Texans taking him late 2nd as a Fuller back-up. I don't think that's what the Texans need to draft (secondary), but if they went that direction it wouldn't bother me.

Eight

I'd have no problem with the Texans taking him late 2nd as a Fuller back-up. I don't think that's what the Texans need to draft (secondary), but if they went that direction it wouldn't bother me.

i think 3rd would be more probable for them as they have too many issues on defense to wait until the 3rd run to address those problems.

do believe jalen draft position becomes a situational selection similar to lj last year with the seahawks

PO Frog

Two early-round draft picks that can't catch. That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off.

Eight

Two early-round draft picks that can't catch. That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off.

fuller absolutely changes their offense when he is healthy and the funny thing about reagor is that he has made some acrobatic catches at tcu for a guy who can't catch.

how much of that was attitude, lack of attention tough to say, but every year we see guys get drafted at the receiver position simply because they can run

PO Frog

fuller absolutely changes their offense when he is healthy and the funny thing about reagor is that he has made some acrobatic catches at tcu for a guy who can't catch.

how much of that was attitude, lack of attention tough to say, but every year we see guys get drafted at the receiver position simply because they can run
Hunt had a pretty acrobatic catch too if I recall. Would not put him in the good hands category per se.

PO Frog

I believe Texans offense is the #1 offense in the league when Fuller plays.
I literally watched less than 3 NFL games this year so I have no idea. Just remember that being the knock on Fuller when drafted. I don't really care was just trying to make a funny. That's what I am relegated to these days because I am not optimistic about the state of things with TCU athletics so I take out my frustration on innocent NFL millionaires.

flyfishingfrog

I think he could go the back half of the first round, depending on what he does at the combine.

I really doubt he makes it past the second round.

As others have mentioned, no way he goes in the 5th round. He is a talent and is really the only reason we made it to a bowl game last year.
so based on the last 5 years average - he would have to be a top 3 WR to go 1st round.

If he is top 10, he stands a good chance of going in the 2nd which generally seems to have 6 - 8 WR's selected.

But if he falls in the 11 - 20 range, he will be 3rd round on the high end - those rounds are consistently 3 - 5 WR's per round average it seems.

To me the biggest question is this years class is deeper at WR than has been seen in the last 5 years - so is that a good thing because people will focus on the position to change their team so more are drafted or a bad thing because there are so many strong players at that position.

routes can be taught, catching the ball can be taught, running your ass off and being able to explode out of breaks can't be taught.

his consistency is partly on him, but also on the coaching staff and as long as he answers the right questions, loves the game, he has played hurt, and has tape like the baylor game and the ok state where he lifted the offense that will go a very long way for a number of teams.
If I am an NFL owner or GM, I'm not spending Top 3 money on someone who needs to be taught their most basic football function. I'd take a flyer on that player in the 4th-7th rounds, but the gamble isn't worth it. Three or four years in college should be enough for a receiver to learn to catch a ball.

Billy Clyde

good thing for jalen you aren't an nfl owner or general manager

Good thing for EVERY CFB player who shows out at the combine but didn't understand the game in college. Some GMs draft on "potential" based on what they can measure with a stopwatch. Those picks seem to have an extraordinarily high rate of fail.