1. The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Jun 9, 2021.

?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

1. Kirk Saarloos

125 vote(s)
    73.1%
  2. Bill Mosiello

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  3. Todd Whitting

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  4. Dan Heefner

32 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. Cliff Godwin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. None of the above

12 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. I won’t be surprised if ADJD selects himself as interim until a national search of every option is completed at this point

2. Gary Patterson says hi.

3. I would go Hump if we had to pick a player

4. Yep
    Or is it Ragina?

5. Matt Carpenter needs to hang up it up in MLB, batting .184, and take the TCU job.

ftwfrog and flyfishingfrog like this.
  6. Hitting coach?

7. It's Friday morning and KS has not been named head coach.

Bendover28 and SoonerFrogs like this.
  8. Thread rapidly heading off the rails.

9. So is our search for a new head coach….jk kind of

Salfrog likes this.
  10. There were rails?

11. Whether or not we’ve conducted a perfect search 2 days after the job came open and while at least one of the candidates is still playing is real low on my list of worries.

12. You know who else headed off the rails? Jakob "The Boot" Capozzoli

13. Yep. Right behind the RF fence at Olsen Field.

BrewingFrog likes this.
  14. Hire Kirk and go get Josh Elander from Tennessee. Played here and started coaching here. Would be terrific

15. Rough update this morning, some publicly sourced:

- Calls, informal interviews, discussions, etc. have continued post-haste this week.

- TCU still focused on doing a thorough search... As I mentioned, there IS good reason to do this, as the "quiet name" is just one example of a current, successful coach who has indicated he would be interested in talking more (and is somebody TCU may not have put on their own list). Kudos to TCU, Schloss, and the job profile.

- Timing remains a hurdle, and perfection is the enemy. Don't forget what happened at Texas years ago, you can go from your #1 to #10 choice really fast if you don't move fast when your #3 is ready to go. Getting the sense the admin is very aware of this. Keep in mind... this work started weeks/months ago, they didn't just start looking this week. Nobody was caught flat-footed.

- Still think Saarloos is the most likely name... As has been reported elsewhere, Mo is going to get an interview, but I don't believe he is a "serious" candidate to get the job.

Saarloos (still the most likely)
    Heefner (most preferred external candidate) - Feeling "cool" to me at this point
    Chris Pollard @ Duke
    Link Jarrett @ Notre Dame
    Jake Gautreau @ Miss St.
    Bill Mosiello
    Whitting
    Quiet Name(s)

16. Gautreau is really intriguing to me and think he’s so very well. I’d assume Schloss will go after him pretty hard as well to be his hitting guy.

17. Back on the rails.

18. Hoping for Saarloos, but thinking we end up with Mosiello...

19. Serious question: Some have said so, others have wondered... does KS really truly want a head coaching gig. Some say that KS is comfortable in Fort Worth and at TCU doing what he does. So...should another head man be hired and he wanted KS as an assistant. Would KS be willing to stay? Or, MOS for that matter?

20. Please NO!

Big Frog II likes this.