• The KillerFrogs

Please tell me the Big 12 is changing this

gofor2

If there was ever an argument that having a 10 team round robin + a CCG is stupid, today's game is a prime example of that.
The Big 12 setup is moronic. No other conference has to play every team in their conference + a ccg.
Schedule like the SEC. 8 conference games, 3-4 OOC cupcakes with a high school opponent in november, split divisions and skip the tough teams in the other division every other year.

Has the Big 12 already announced what the setup will be with our additional members? 9 conference games, or 8? Split divisions?

Last edited:

LVH

There will be a need for a title game starting next year due to imbalanced schedules.

But from 2017-2022 there was no point.

Stay at 9 conference games. Yes its unfair the SEC stays at 8 but set the example.

gofor2

Yes its unfair the SEC stays at 8 but set the example.
I think every / most P5 conferences except the SEC has been playing 9, for at least a few years now?
Not sure why everyone has been OK with the SEC playing 8 all of these years.
That extra conference games means more guaranteed losses. For the 10-team Big 12, that's 5 more guaranteed losses a year.

Last edited:

HG73

ACC plays 8, or just went to 9. Everyone else plays 9 which is a huge advantage for the SEC. We play 9 for more Inventory/money. College football needs a commissioner. Make the SEC play 9 games.

Froggy Bottom

It was idiotic and may cost them a playoff spot THIS year

But I’m guessing they won’t care to change it since soon enough it will be moot when the conference is at 12 members again and the playoff will expand to 12 too

Plus they’re not giving up the revenue

Wexahu

I think every P5 conference except the SEC has been playing 9, for at least a few years now.
Not sure why everyone has been OK with the SEC playing 8 all of these years.
That extra conference games means more guaranteed losses. For the 10-team Big 12, that's 5 more guaranteed losses a year.
I don’t want another crap game added to the schedule. They suck to go to, and they suck to watch on TV. I don’t care about the automatic W and I don’t care what the SEC or any other conference does.

We played 9 conference games this year and are in the playoffs, I don’t see an issue with it.

East Coast

Tier 1

But I’m guessing they won’t care to change it since soon enough it will be moot when the conference is at 12 members again and the playoff will expand to 12 too

This, BY is going after every penny. Every decision will be based on revenue.

Let’s get the cost correct here. It cost TCU an undefeated BIG XII championship, and with Texas and Oklahoma still in the conference. TCU will never have that chance again, it is gone. The semi indifference to this unique BIG XII championship that is now lost, irritates me.

TCU will be in the CFP anyhow.

Last edited:

Froggy Bottom

Let’s get the cost correct here. It cost TCU an undefeated BIG XII championship, and with Texas and Oklahoma still in the conference. TCU will never have that chance again, it is gone. The semi indifference to this unique BIG XII championship that is now lost, irritates me.

TCU is in the CFP anyhow.

Wish I had your faith in the committee but I know they just can’t wait to swap us out for Enormous State U