• The KillerFrogs

Players starting and player decisions

CountryFrog

Baylor is the 80th ranked passing defense.
Ok. So it seems like you're going to do everything by a pure statistical analysis. That's fine. Kenny Hill played a really good game that night against OU. This Baylor defense is quite a bit better than that Oklahoma defense was and Morris was basically our entire offense for 60 minutes.

In my opinion it was a far more impressive performance than that game that Kenny Hill had against Oklahoma. But if you want to say that it wasn't then that's fine.

Wexahu

Ok. So it seems like you're going to do everything by a pure statistical analysis. That's fine. Kenny Hill played a really good game that night against OU. This Baylor defense is quite a bit better than that Oklahoma defense was and Morris was basically our entire offense for 60 minutes.

In my opinion it was a far more impressive performance than that game that Kenny Hill had against Oklahoma. But if you want to say that it wasn't then that's fine.
Morris also ran for 70 yards, and some of his best plays were Houdini like pocket escapes for 1st downs. Critical plays.

Easily the best overall QB performance by a frog since Boykin IMO. Could’ve, and maybe should’ve been picked off a time or two but he wasn’t, and you could play the what if game all the time.

LisaLT

Not to mention this was CM’s FIRST start and he’s a red shirt freshman. Kenny Hill had plenty of experience when he put up those numbers against OU.

NewFrogFan

How are Max's hands? Is he familiar with any of the following gentlemen: Matt Jones, Julian Edelman, or Antwaan Randle-El?

Max is the kind of gamer and competitor you'd love to see on the field, but Morris is the kind of QB you don't take off the field. Max has some elusiveness and certainly knows the offense. Can we find a compromise somehow?
Like I said…….

4th. down

I hate to be that guy but after Morris’ and Banks’ play today, I’m struggling to understand how these two guys did not earn more playing time through the course of the season.

What do you think was the staff’s reasoning behind this? I’m really curious as to the thought process here if anyone has any insight in to all this…

Like you, myself, and others have had the same thoughts and the only rational decision I can come up with, and it will not be popular is........Gary Patterson. No. 1, the buck stops with him and he changes what he doesn't like and no. 2 he plays favorites and experience over younger talent....Delton, and not playing Banks at LB when everyone knew we have a problem at LB. How in the world can you watch practice everyday and have Chandler 3rd, string.......there is no other explanation.

Diehard

I always wondered why teams like OU and Tech and about anyone else could bring in quality freshmen QB's and the offenses never missed a beat. Why is that always so hard for TCU? My guess was defective schemes but this is a solid indication that is has to do with hierarchy and seniority and simply who you let play.
LOYALTY! Again.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
LOYALTY! The best of life's traits that can bite you in the butt.
Maybe loyalty but also perhaps an element of comfort. Some leaders like to be surrounded by people who think like and agree with them. Not necessarily yes men but individuals who don’t challenge the leader’s direction because they are just versions of him. I think that may be why Meach left. He came back as a guy who needed a job and was willing to conform.