• The KillerFrogs

Play by play announcing crew.....

VA Froggie

This was a vintage TCU win, I guess we should just do to the Alamo Bowl each year. : ). This was truly a great win for TCU and do we have a loaded team coming back, it’s going to continue to be fun Frogs.

Now, my frustration. This was the worse announcing crew I’ve ever heard do a football game. I think they must have flown in with the Stanford team, I’ve heard bias before but this group wins the award. They should never be allowed near The Carter. There is nothing wrong with touting the strengths of a team but to harp on it the entire game is ridiculous. Listening to this crew, we didn’t have a chance, Stanford just had too many weapons, on and on and on.

Great win for TCU, we got a good thing going, a great class coming in and boy is it great to be a Frog.

Realtorfrog

This was a vintage TCU win, I guess we should just do to the Alamo Bowl each year. : ). This was truly a great win for TCU and do we have a loaded team coming back, it’s going to continue to be fun Frogs.

Now, my frustration. This was the worse announcing crew I’ve ever heard do a football game. I think they must have flown in with the Stanford team, I’ve heard bias before but this group wins the award. They should never be allowed near The Carter. There is nothing wrong with touting the strengths of a team but to harp on it the entire game is ridiculous. Listening to this crew, we didn’t have a chance, Stanford just had too many weapons, on and on and on.

Great win for TCU, we got a good thing going, a great class coming in and boy is it great to be a Frog.

It was bad! The KH hate and general TCU hate from especially Pollack but the others chimed in plenty was the worst I have ever heard. Agree a complaint should be entered along with this group being banned from future TCU games.

To hear them we got beat by half a hundred and our record was bayloresque!

Horny 4 Life

I was reading several non-TCU boards after the game and a lot of third party fans seemed to think it was a pro-TCU broadcast crew.

Personally, the only thing that bothered me was the Bryce Love medical tent peeping.

I'm convinced that every fanbase believes that the announcers of every game are biased against them.

Wexahu

People hear what they want to hear.

No doubt. They were fine. Said some really dumb stuff (especially Galloway) that showed they weren't very informed, but I just don't see all the anti-TCU stuff everyone else does. I'm probably in the minority of people who think Rece Davis does a pretty good job, he certainly was complimentary of TCU when it called for it, just like he usually is.

Generally, I don't really care one way or another about announcers, just like with almost anything else, play well and win and everything else takes care of itself.

Jim Bob Cooter

Yeah I didn’t hear that at all. Aside from Rece being SO proud to say the “cardinal” every two seconds.

Early on, we were getting smoked and our QB was playing Gawd awful. Them commenting on what’s happening is their job. When our speed and athleticism started to show, I thought they commented on it and seemed to have a man crush on Sewo.

So yeah, could’ve been MUCH worse. Sometimes announcers are biased (rod Gilmore) or just awful (Beth Mowins). While Rece isn’t my favorite and has no past love for the frogs...all in all I thought the three accurately described the game and gave appropriately proportional love to both sides.

French Frog

That being said, the announcing was garbage for three quarters but they came around in the 4th quarter as TCU caught up and finished off the Cardinal.

Zubaz

I'm convinced that every fanbase believes that the announcers of every game are biased against them.
This. We played poorly for a bit, and they said we were playing poorly. That's not bias, that's commentary. We started playing better, and they said we were playing better. Didn't notice a ton of bad calls outside of Pollack at one point saying "Purple Jerseys", which is whatever.

kidkarr

Galloway was weak, thought pollack did well. Other guy, meh! They rode the momentum of the game......Stanford was kicking our ass “Stanford is great”. We started kicking their ass “TCU starting to impose will”.

Wexahu

That being said, the announcing was garbage for three quarters but they came around in the 4th quarter as TCU caught up and finished off the Cardinal.

Our team was garbage for most of those three quarters. Make a note of this, when your team is playing like garbage the announcers are probably not going to say many good things about them. In the first quarter we were downright embarrassing, if they had wanted to they probably could have piled on more.

Those guys were fine last night. Yes, they said some things that weren't accurate and some things that were kind of bizarre but they are paid to say something. Everything they say isn't going to be 100% spot on perfect.