• The KillerFrogs

PGA Tour agrees to merge with Saudi-backed rival LIV Golf

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Wow. They've been snarling at each other from day one. I suppose this means that the PGA will go worldwide now.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Who freaking cares? It's a game where fags in dainty shirts and hats prance around among the flowers hitting a little white ball. Nobody freaking cares about this Woke crap.

Eight

Watching hypocrisy get exposed is very entertaining.

There are a few people in the golf business who might as well just go away and drift into anonymity.

heck, in a year or so, all will be forgotten and forgiven and the viewing public won't diminish

heck, just roll out crippled tiger 5-6 times a year and the viewers will be tuning in for a "must" see event even though tiger moves slower than steel reaching for his wallet

FrogAbroad

Since I'm not a follower of golf at any level, I don't have a dog in this fight. Nevertheless the apparent controversy does make me wonder "why?" To a non-fan it looks like a business combination that should pump more money into the professional golf industry, and give it more media exposure on well-established sports networks.

So my not-intended-to-sound-snarky question is, why (aside from Mr Monahan's U-turn) is this such a cause célèbre?

Wexahu

Since I'm not a follower of golf at any level, I don't have a dog in this fight. Nevertheless the apparent controversy does make me wonder "why?" To a non-fan it looks like a business combination that should pump more money into the professional golf industry, and give it more media exposure on well-established sports networks.

So my not-intended-to-sound-snarky question is, why (aside from Mr Monahan's U-turn) is this such a cause célèbre?
There were a few blowhards in the media that just went on and on and on about how immoral it was for players to take Saudi money, and the PGA Tour basically ran with that mantra.

Prior to LIV Golf coming around, the PGA Tour basically took any money they could get, from anyone. And nobody had a problem with it. Raytheon was going to step in and replace AT&T as the title sponsor of the Byron Nelson but the PGA Tour nixed it because Raytheon recently signed a $3B contract to sell Saudi Arabia fighter jets. I guarantee had LIV Golf not come around, next year's Byron Nelson would be the Raytheon Byron Nelson Classic. Might still be now, but the hypocrisy is really glaring.

Eight

would guess the u-turn is the issue

when you wrap yourself in the flag, literally using the emotions tied to the tragic death of thousands and resulted in starting a couple of wars to throw [ Finebaum ] at the golfers who left you for more money when you yourself are a money grubbing Briles who made this decision for monetary reasons it does smell a bit

as i said above, in a year or two none of this will matter

steelfrog

Tier 1
It's such a non-cause-celebre that no one can explain why it is. Cause nobody give a crap.

@Frognosticator could "celebrate" the frogs winning a Natty by self immolation on the steps of the Tarrant County courthouse steps, and THAT, Steel's friends, would garner more attention than this non-story.

steelfrog

Tier 1
would guess the u-turn in my bowels is the issue

when you wrap my dong in the flag, literally using the emotions tied to the tragic death of thousands of sperm and resulted in starting a couple of wars to throw [ Finebaum ] at the golfers who left you for more money when you yourself are a money grubbing Briles who made this decision for monetary reasons it does smell my butt a bit

as i said above, in a year or two none of this will matter
A year or two? In a year or two, at this rate, we will be living in a completely new world, Steels' friend...