• The KillerFrogs

Perhaps Linebacker Is A Better Fit

Froggy Style

Sure. I’d wouldn’t mind an occasional assault on bat flippers and trash talkers… then maybe there would be less of it.
So, if I find your dumb take insulting just for how dumb it is...I should punch you in the face? Maybe you'd have less dumb takes?

I think both bat flipping and dumb takes should be allowed without having to worry about being someone's punching or tackling bag.

asleep003

this event brings me back to the 1954 Cotton Bowl, where Dickey Maegle(Rice) was tackled on his 3rd, sure 95yarder, touchdown by an Alabama bench warmer, in Rice's 28-6 beating on Bama.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

Here's another fight. This one from the Red Sox and Mets double A team's.

Watch the pitcher. After he gets punched, he gets up and tackles a different guy. Either he didn't want any part of the batter or he got knocked so stupid that he didn't know who he was tackling. Probably a lil bit of both.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Watch the pitcher. After he gets punched, he gets up and tackles a different guy. Either he didn't want any part of the batter or he got knocked so stupid that he didn't know who he was tackling. Probably a lil bit of both.

Pitcher wasn't even looking at the dude he hit. He was hollering at the on-deck guy, who he wound up tackling later on after the enormous dude he hit got pulled away...

LVH

Why I hate JUCO baseball players:

I worked at LaGrave Field on the grounds crew when I was at TCU and in May we hosted the regional JUCO playoffs in which the top JUCOs in the region came for a double elim tournament. These guys were asswipes. Think of your typical travel ball entitlement, but worse. A lot of arrogance.

Our grounds crew director kept politely asking the players to stand on the dirt instead of the grass. This was a common request throughout the series and it boiled over when a player from Temple JC tried to bean one of our groundscrew employees with a ball during warmups. This caused some bad blood between my boss and the coach from Temple JC.

The grounds crew director also asked the teams MANY TIMES to stop peeing in the tunnel connecting the dugout and the concourse and just to walk the extra few yards to the actual bathrooms. They did not listen and continued to do so, meaning we had to spend 2 hours multiple days in a row cleaning and disinfecting the piss filled tunnel.

The champ game in 2010 was a 15 inning game between McLennan CC and Temple JC in which Temple JC won on a walk off bomb. The same Temple JC team that had a beef with us grounds crew. But, it was McLennan that continued to piss in the tunnel, so after the game, after McLennan had lost in 15 inning championship game, our groundscrew director scolded the heartbroken McLennan team about peeing in the dugout.

This led to a massive brawl that caused the grounds crew's former nemesis Temple JC to link up with us grounds crew and defend us against the angry McLennan players and coaches. One of the McLennan coaches got a pretty good shot under my left eye and I had to explain to my TCU teammates starting summer workouts a couple weeks later why I had a black eye and gash.

You couldn't script this stuff. Anyway, to hell with JUCO baseball players.

Rabidfrog

I worked at LaGrave Field on the grounds crew when I was at TCU and in May we hosted the regional JUCO playoffs in which the top JUCOs in the region came for a double elim tournament. These guys were asswipes. Think of your typical travel ball entitlement, but worse. A lot of arrogance.

Our grounds crew director kept politely asking the players to stand on the dirt instead of the grass. This was a common request throughout the series and it boiled over when a player from Temple JC tried to bean one of our groundscrew employees with a ball during warmups. This caused some bad blood between my boss and the coach from Temple JC.

The grounds crew director also asked the teams MANY TIMES to stop peeing in the tunnel connecting the dugout and the concourse and just to walk the extra few yards to the actual bathrooms. They did not listen and continued to do so, meaning we had to spend 2 hours multiple days in a row cleaning and disinfecting the piss filled tunnel.

The champ game in 2010 was a 15 inning game between McLennan CC and Temple JC in which Temple JC won on a walk off bomb. The same Temple JC team that had a beef with us grounds crew. But, it was McLennan that continued to piss in the tunnel, so after the game, after McLennan had lost in 15 inning championship game, our groundscrew director scolded the heartbroken McLennan team about peeing in the dugout.

This led to a massive brawl that caused the grounds crew's former nemesis Temple JC to link up with us grounds crew and defend us against the angry McLennan players and coaches. One of the McLennan coaches got a pretty good shot under my left eye and I had to explain to my TCU teammates starting summer workouts a couple weeks later why I had a black eye and gash.

McLennan means trash.

asleep003

You should hold on to that resentment... it always makes life better, allowing one experience, to judge a whole community group of players.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Pitcher should have waited till his next at bat and drilled him. You might get ejected but at least you are still in school and on the team.

I think the guy he tackled gave an old school face rake when he was on the ground, which is why he went after him.

You have the most wheels off stories.