• The KillerFrogs

Perhaps Linebacker Is A Better Fit

hometown frog

I know two guys on both of those clubs that played for me during summer ball. Been a couple of interesting text threads from them today getting the inside scoop. That pitcher was a UH commit. So he may have just wasted that opportunity in a split second.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pitcher do that for a guy rounding 3B on a bomb. As I texted one of the WC guys, think that’s the first official ‘de-cleater’ in collegiate baseball.

Dr. Coach Haus

I’d prefer more bat flipping from hitters with home runs and more fist pumping by the pitcher from strikeouts looking. Strike someone out looking or hit a home run and you deserve to showboat a bit. Don’t like it? Then quit giving up home runs or looking at strike 3.
1000% this

Frozen Frog

Looked like something got said prior to the tackle. The umpire appears to try to intervene before the runner reaches third. It’s a horrible look for the pitcher. It probably sets his future in baseball back dramatically. Expulsion from school and criminal precedings are ridiculous. Are we going to charge players when they bean someone with a baseball or charge the mound?

hometown frog

Looked like something got said prior to the tackle. The umpire appears to try to intervene before the runner reaches third. It’s a horrible look for the pitcher. It probably sets his future in baseball back dramatically. Expulsion from school and criminal precedings are ridiculous. Are we going to charge players when they bean someone with a baseball or charge the mound?
Can confirm there was lots of chirping at that game and that hitter certainly crossed some lines with what was said rounding the bases. (Not justifying the pitchers actions in any way)

As for criminal charges, remains to be seen in this case. But I will say I don’t like seeing that being discussed for moves relatively natural to the game itself. (Ie plucking somebody or a collision during the game that turns into a fight ala Odor/Bautista). This one really had nothing to do w the game of baseball, so I can see where it could be merited. Personally I hope not. I’m guessing the pitcher is removed from the WC roster and several of the NCTC players will face 1-2 weeks of suspension for leaving the dugout and we all move on.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I’d prefer more bat flipping from hitters with home runs and more fist pumping by the pitcher from strikeouts looking. Strike someone out looking or hit a home run and you deserve to showboat a bit. Don’t like it? Then quit giving up home runs or looking at strike 3.
I can remember a time, long back in misty memory, when players respected each other. Few, if any, "counted coup" on their vanquished foes, because they knew that tomorrow was another game and whatever glory they had just reaped was fleeting at best.

In War: Resolution.
In Defeat: Defiance.
In Victory: Magnanimity.
In Peace: Good Will.

But, of course, all that is now gone. Now we must jump around like fools on making the slightest good play. We must do our best to show contempt for the opposing players and rub in our superiority at every opportunity. In short, we must behave as toddlers barely out of diapers, throwing tantrums or flouncing petty triumphs depending on fleeting circumstances.

It is no wonder games descend into farce.

Frog-in-law1995

Ben Christensen went in the first round less than a year after putting a fastball in the eye socket of a guy timing his pitches in the on deck circle. If this kid can throw 94, this won’t set him back much. And hell yes charge him with assault.

Latest posts