• The KillerFrogs

Patterson to Texas Tech…

Jackson

Incentivized not to work. That is so 2021.
He’ll be allowed to work. If he makes $3M a year then TCU will have to cough up $3M each yr until the $6M /yr owed by TCU is paid out covering the timeframe of his agreement. Basically his new employer with be subsidizing TCU’s obligation.
This type of compensation arrangement is common in professional athlete’s trade negotiations.

Sangria Wine

Been around this board a lot longer than to be alleged an alias. Stopped posting for the most part several years ago so perhaps the recent posters have no clue I exist and that’s cool with me. Funny though that folks can’t just answer the question I posed.

All that said I’d hate to see GP in the B12 and with the resources of a large state school. I think we would see just what a potentially monumental mistake just took place in shoving him out the door. This reminds me of Nebraska firing Tom Osborne for only averaging 9 wins a year over a decade or so.

Personally we dropped our 7 season tickets in 2018 after holding tickets continuously since 1987 because I’d lost my warm and fuzzy about attending every game and commitment of ever increasing financial support as a non-alum to maintain good seating. I have however kept my baseball seats as that’s been my favorite sport for a long time.

Paint It Purple

While ya'll are talking imaginary GP to TECH, the LSU and SMU boards are debating hiring GP.

And, there's this post from the LSU board:
So TCU wants Sonny Dykes...Hmmm...

Let's see here:

-AD decides (through big alum pressure) to put GP to pasture after several meltdowns and coaching malfunctions the last three years...

-PR nightmare when GP says "no" and quits on team/program/kids/University

-A quick save by finding him a "place" in the paid structure...

-GP is the most successful coach in school history...

-TCU is not LSU, where two bad years is a guaranteed pink slip...

-And your'e doing all this to get a shot at the "Sonny Dykes Sweepstakes"?

My, Oh my that takes a lot to follow THAT logic.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Been around this board a lot longer than to be alleged an alias. Stopped posting for the most part several years ago so perhaps the recent posters have no clue I exist and that’s cool with me. Funny though that folks can’t just answer the question I posed.

All that said I’d hate to see GP in the B12 and with the resources of a large state school. I think we would see just what a potentially monumental mistake just took place in shoving him out the door. This reminds me of Nebraska firing Tom Osborne for only averaging 9 wins a year over a decade or so.

Personally we dropped our 7 season tickets in 2018 after holding tickets continuously since 1987 because I’d lost my warm and fuzzy about attending every game and commitment of ever increasing financial support as a non-alum to maintain good seating. I have however kept my baseball seats as that’s been my favorite sport for a long time.
Tom Osbourne left after one of his players beat his girlfriend unconscious, then dragged her by her hair up a flight of stairs. Osbourne was speaking at a press conference, discussing the punishment the player received, and when he might be back in uniform, when a reporter asked, "What if that had been your daughter, Coach?"

Darrell Royal quit the coaching and AD business after having enough of the dad-to-day nonsense of the boosters and players. He put Fred Akers in the barrel and walked away.

There comes a time when some coaches just tire of the crap. I'm not saying that Patterson was at that point, but this episode was a mighty shove in that direction. It didn't help matters that what he was displaying on the field was far below the standards we were used to from a team coached by him. And falling. I'm sure the fullness of time will reveal much, but I believe that the rise of social media, kids being far different because of it, the transfer portal, in addition to the daily grind just wore him down.

You've been missed, sir.