• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Press Conference Post SMU

Eight

thanks for the link, first time i have seen the clip though i had heard from a few people about his desire wanting to work collins in earlier in the game.

what i am hearing gary say is that collins needs to get reps to prepare because gary knows how long the the season is and the challenges of keeping one quarterback healthy for the entire season.

best parts of the clip to me are his talking about not doing as much tackling early in camp and the impact on how the defense in the first two weeks of the year and the changing rotation in the d-line.

he then talked about how the return of joe broadnax allowed them to slide cory over and we see the production from bethley. joe's return allowed to slide epply out to de which helped that rotation. expects lj back and you can tell he believes that will be a boost to the defense as well as he mentioned the return of markel.

netty2424

Will be curious how many reps LJ gets. Wonder how close, or far from game shape he is at this point. Assuming his absence has been injury related.

Eight

Will be curious how many reps LJ gets. Wonder how close, or far from game shape he is at this point. Assuming his absence has been injury related.

similar thoughts on lj.

i still believe against a strong run game the frogs are going to need ty back at linebacker. too many times the first contact by a lb was on frogs side of the line of scrimmage. matter of making that read quicker and no other tcu linebacker has seen the number of game reps as ty and he doesn't slide off the back in the hole.

Eight

GP seems surprising "up" after what I thought were 2 pretty meh performances.

why surprising? he has said all along his primary goal each game is to win and neither game really was in doubt.

he knows they need to play better, but he better than anyone on this board knows what they still are going to gain getting players back like lj and simmons and he most likely has the best idea of what this team can become this year.

LeagueCityFrog

Who have we not seen so far this season? LJ, Markell Simmons, Dylan Thomas are the non true freshman we haven't seen yet that comes to mind. Haven't seen much of Kenedy Snell who has "that wiggle."

Eight

snell was on the sideline last night in jersey, but no pads.

lj in the d-line, markell, montrel wilson at linebacker, but not sure if we will see him this year.

not sure who the receivers are that he mentioned as being out.

frogs did play 11 offensive linemen again, collins played at d-end at the end of the game, ellis played at nose some, no tu'ua or filikitonga

Tumbleweed

You won't see Meyer at the game but he'll be there coaching his staff. They can't hard wire him to the field but will be talking entire game to defensive co-coordinator, special teams, secondary coach etc. Just give him six mobile phones and he will be in there ear. Watch the side line for ear buds and you'll see the conversations. Now if we had a couple of lip readers on OSU coach's.

Big crowd and Ohio State will show up in the thousands.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Sigh. If we were to drop an entire video of a press conference we'd get our credentials pulled. I'll see if we can stream the post-OSU press conference.

kodiak

It has me worried about next week.
We are going against a legit top5 program with great athletes and tradition. We have them right where we want them. Hell, maybe even spot a few points.

Go Frogs.
Sadly, in this day and age I must disclaim any statements made while under the influence. My rule is never a Manhattan before 5pm. Well, more of a guideline. See exception 1 as relating to college football Saturdays.
Give them Hell, TCU!

CountryFrog

GP seems surprising "up" after what I thought were 2 pretty meh performances.
I know GP is a coach and no coach would ever publicly admit to this but he is only human. No one with a pulse looked at this year's schedule and didn't get really excited about game #3. I think it's only natural that he's relieved to simply be past these first two opponents and on to a real game.

Eight

may be because some youngsters are getting experience...and stepping up to take advantage of it.

the number of young players who have played and flashed the past two games is very, very encouraging and i am very interested in watching this team grow and develop its identity over the season

Mean Purple

the number of young players who have played and flashed the past two games is very, very encouraging and i am very interested in watching this team grow and develop its identity over the season
Just nice to see the size and speed of players we are getting. Players who played against/with guys in highschool who went to big programs know the difference. We are seeing it. Need to continue to build, but the fact that it is happening and that TCU works hard to do it the right way and make sure the kids get an education...man, that makes me proud.

Eight

Just nice to see the size and speed of players we are getting. Players who played against/with guys in highschool who went to big programs know the difference. We are seeing it. Need to continue to build, but the fact that it is happening and that TCU works hard to do it the right way and make sure the kids get an education...man, that makes me proud.

it is really noticeable in the lines and the secondary. frogs have really got some big, young kids running around in that secondary.

Purp

Who have we not seen so far this season? LJ, Markell Simmons, Dylan Thomas are the non true freshman we haven't seen yet that comes to mind. Haven't seen much of Kenedy Snell who has "that wiggle."
Landry Burdine said on the radio that LJ was discipline related, but he'll be back for tOSU. Pretty sure he said one of Markell and D Thomas was also discipline related and the other was injury. Can't remember which one, but only one of those two he said should be back next week.