• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Post Game Speech

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
He often mentions hints that he’s not liked by all his players...I always find it strange that he brings it up..Often makes me wonder if there’s a little bit of a locker room divide going on. I know he can be tough to play for. He’s demanding and is probably the first guy to hold some of these young players accountable in their entire life...I love GP and it was fun watching him on the sidelines last night

He mentioned to the sideline reporter after the game that he had gotten on some players earlier and he thought they might be mad at him. I think the reference was more specific than general.

Wexahu

I think Patterson is real tough on players and a lot of them don’t like him while they’re playing... especially those that aren’t star players

But I think most of them come out of the program respecting the hell out of him

I’ve heard he’s very tough on the defensive players but not really at all on the offensive guys. Not all that surprising I guess if that’s the case.

The two biggest ass chewings I have seen him administer were to Paul Dawson during the LSU game in 2013 and to Gladney (I believe it was last year although I can't remember the game). They literally almost came to blows, Gladney had to be restrained by a few teammates. Not sure I've ever seen a kid get cussed like those two situations, it was pretty intense. Given how those players turned out, you'd have to say there's a method to the madness.

Last edited:

Joho

Thank you coach! This season might be the best job of coaching in your entire career, and that's saying something!

Agreed! The middle of this season was so disappointing. But these last two wins — at BU and vs OkieSt Saturday night — were gritty and inspiring and I have a new respect for GP I didn’t know was possible.

I can’t believe how much I’m looking forward to this bowl game, for a 6-6 team!

BABYFACE

I can’t believe how much I’m looking forward to this bowl game, for a 6-6 team!

After witnessing a team underperform for a good chunk of the Fall , then seeing it fight for it’s life with an injury riddled and decimated roster, we were excited to see the team gut out some wins at the end of the season.