• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Post Game Comments

Eight

If the kid is so fragile that he loses confidence when we put in another QB for three plays of an entire game after a touchdown drive when we do nothing but run, he should not be a college football player.

so the offense didn't come to a halt after that series?

netty2424

Are we really? Why do you think this? I’m not trolling, I’m sincerely asking. Because the only reason we think this is because recruiting rankings tell us to.

But the actual product displayed on the field thus far indicates that this isn’t the case.
Yah I don’t know that there’s that big of a gap either if I’m being honest.

Every time the KSU guy returned a kick, the announcers were just over the moon about how fast he was. I didn’t hear much about TCU’s speed today.

Every time Hubert got to Duggan, it was how strong the kid was.

Point being, people get caught up in the recruitments of our own players and don’t really pay attention to or just assume the other teams aren't picking up really good players too, or follow their developments after a year or two. It’s like my wife with Hard Knocks, she picks that teams defense and their star players every year in her families fantasy football league. Easy money.

Eight

I think both sides of this argument have legitimate points. In the grand scheme of the entire game, whether it was a bad decision or not, it still just amounted to 3 plays and 3 plays shouldn't have made much difference against this opponent. And at the same time you do wonder about the timing of some of these decisions.

Overall the thing I keep coming back to with the QB is that we shouldn't be in this position where we NEED a true freshman to be the guy but because of many different things that have gone wrong over the last few years at that position then here we are. I blame the coaches for that much more than occasionally removing a true freshman QB who has been very hot and cold throughout the year.

my point is that when you have an offense that is struggling to find any degree of consistency and they finally find some making that change makes absolutely no sense

Chongo94

Every time the KSU guy returned a kick, the announcers were just over the moon about how fast he was. I didn’t hear much about TCU’s speed today.

Every time Hubert got to Duggan, it was how strong the kid was.

Point being, people get caught up in the recruitments of our own players and don’t really pay attention to or just assume the other teams aren't picking up really good players too, or follow their developments after a year or two. It’s like my wife with Hard Knocks, she picks that teams defense and their star players every year. Easy money.

Agreed.

CountryFrog

Are we really? Why do you think this? I’m not trolling, I’m sincerely asking. Because the only reason we think this is because recruiting rankings tell us to.

But the actual product displayed on the field thus far indicates that this isn’t the case.
Well, if you're someone who believes that the team is poorly coached, then that would explain why the talent hasn't been performing at a very high level. Like most things it's probably a little of both.

Chongo94

Well, if you're someone who believes that the team is poorly coached, then that would explain why the talent hasn't been performing at a very high level. Like most things it's probably a little of both.

And I can agree with that as well. I certainly believe that we don’t develop talent or at least our talent development has been very questionable the last few years.

froginmn

so the offense didn't come to a halt after that series?
The offense was in a halt before that series too.

Do you really think Max lost confidence after they told him Delton was going to go in for one drive? And do you really think he was questioning whether he was handing the ball off wrong in the preceding drive where he threw zero passes?

CountryFrog

my point is that when you have an offense that is struggling to find any degree of consistency and they finally find some making that change makes absolutely no sense
That's totally valid and I was also shaking my head when Delton went in right there. I just think it's also valid to believe that 3 plays in the second quarter shouldn't have made that much of a difference whether that was the right thing to do at that time or not.

froginmn

The famous TCU speed is what is missing, IMO. And aggressiveness. I don't know if players are being lazy or what, but the defense doesn't look like a TCU defense.

And the offense isn't getting the ball quickly into the hands of fast receivers in space where they can run away from people.

Our speed isn't evident, or isn't being used to our advantage.

PO Frog

No way in hell I’m watching that.
I did just for the lulz. He seems to think one play call is the problem, because we ran a blitz and they checked to a draw and killed us.

Did not mention that they probably knew our signal for the blitz and audibled accordingly. But someone needs to let Gary know that there are far more issues than one play call when you’re losing to the likes of KSU.

netty2424

The famous TCU speed is what is missing, IMO. And aggressiveness. I don't know if players are being lazy or what, but the defense doesn't look like a TCU defense.

And the offense isn't getting the ball quickly into the hands of fast receivers in space where they can run away from people.

Our speed isn't evident, or isn't being used to our advantage.
Agree completely. We’ve heard this is his fastest defense ever over and over and I can’t say that I’m seeing that really translate on the field.

But then again, 95% of the ship that comes out of GP is confusing to begin with. Can’t trust anything coming out of camp.

Moose Stuff

He continues to identify it...after the fact. He just can’t control himself and does it again and again. He’s a blitzing addict. But he has to blitz because if he doesn’t, every team in America can pick the defense apart.

On of Gary’s strengths right now is telling us why we lost.