• The KillerFrogs

Patterson comments post game

Mean Purple

He’s ready for the season to be over because at this point in the program he only cares about conference championships and playoff chances. He knew after Kansas State both those were gone so he wanted to be able to make changes for next year but doesn’t believe it’s right to fire coaches mid season which I agree with having worked in college athletics.

Firing coaches mid season gives kids a reason to quit.
Does not look like some needed a reason.

asleep003

We just were not good enough. We're going to miss a minimum of 6 of our best players for 2020 season. So coach needs to get a quality OC who can bring in his staff(maybe offer Cumbie a QB staff position). Still a believer in Thomsen to develop our new and young OL which should be ready by 2021. 2020 unfortunately is a building year.

An announcer in the game today pointed out that the offense had attempted the same play on three to four different occasions, with the same failing result. He then said sometimes you have to scrap plays and move on from them.

That observation, in my humble opinion, encapsulated the play calling all year. We kept trying to force plays where they didn't fit, and when something was working we didn't maximize it. Instead of using his eyes and getting a feel for the game, he would call plays that on paper should have worked but weren't working in the games. Cumbie hasn't developed that "feel" for a game yet that allows him to trust his eyes. He calls plays by the numbers. He, too, is going through growing pains as an OC, and yes, they hurt.
I don't actually see him calling plays by the numbers but otherwise spot on. As I've been re-watching the game, worth noting that that same announcer pointed out that GP had to go over and tell his OC that the play was not working against what the defense was giving him. And people wonder why GP had to insert himself into the offense?

JAB331

Patterson: “My life is easier, but I feel bad for the kids. For the seniors.”
This, along with the quote that he's going to think about it before making any changes worries me.

I'm yuuge CGP fan, but it's not time to relax, it's time to find that highly sought after OC that's going to get us back to our winning traditions of the last twenty years.

wilson912

Patterson: “bowl games are for the kids. They’re stressful for coaches. My life is easier, but I feel bad for the kids. For the seniors.”

So glad GP can have a stress free December. He’s earned it.
Yeah, sometimes he’d be best off saying nothing at all. Comes off as a very sore loser. Instead, i think he’s pationate and cares but bad look for him, again! He best use this offseason to get the ship righted!

wilson912

depending on who you ask, the OC is blatantly stealing money from the university as he’s pretending to do a job he was hired to do (coach, play caller, etc.)

might not be betrayal but fits the definition of a thief. We hired him to perform and have been overly generous with him given lack of success of any kind.
You could say that for the entire coaching staff.

wilson912

Dont know by how much, but Meach was a better play caller. Dont know whathappened, but GP sent the wrong guy packing. If he wanted an RPO, he still should have sent Cumbie packing.

I think there is merit in the concept that GP is concerned he went the wrong direction.
To say Meacham couldn’t help this team is ridiculous!

wilson912

Patterson: “bowl games are for the kids. They’re stressful for coaches. My life is easier, but I feel bad for the kids. For the seniors.”

So glad GP can have a stress free December. He’s earned it.
If I am a commit or potential one, count me out! At any other school, this elicits a serious conversation with the AD. JD, talk to him!

Time for change, not just SC.

Hemingway

This, along with the quote that he's going to think about it before making any changes worries me.

I'm yuuge CGP fan, but it's not time to relax, it's time to find that highly sought after OC that's going to get us back to our winning traditions of the last twenty years.

He can’t wait to long if he’s going to hold his recruiting class together.