• The KillerFrogs

Pathetic Coaching

3.8 yards per carry against Texas Tech

under 3 yards per carry against Iowa State and Texas

QB IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!@!111

They put 8 in the box as soon as they realize we WON'T throw deep. We hit 2 wide open deep for tds (20=Deep) so I just don't understand where cumby's head is at with the short pass and bubble screen bit.

Volare

They put 8 in the box as soon as they realize we WON'T throw deep. We hit 2 wide open deep for tds (20=Deep) so I just don't understand where cumby's head is at with the short pass and bubble screen bit.

Not enough time for the play to develop. Once opposing D figured out that the line won't block effectively and the QB will panic scramble, they just send 5+ every time.

texas_sicilian

Is it possible we’re asking the young QB to do too much (thinking)? Cumbie’s system on the surface appears simple, but has a ton of nuanced complexities.

I’m starting to wonder if they just do what the other poster mentioned coaches at Clemson did (regarding their young QB): make two reads and if it’s not there, run.

Let him grow into the collegiate level position rather than force him to grow into the ideal, full blown SC system.

Total novice opinion here (obviously).

Last edited:

Eight

Is it possible we’re asking the young QB to do too much (thinking)? Cumbie’s system on the surface appears simple, but has a ton of nuanced complexities.

I’m starting to wonder if they just do what the other posted mentioned coaches at Clemson did (regarding their young QB): make two reads and if it’s not there, run.

Let him grow into the collegiate level position rather than force him to grow into the ideal, full blown SC system.

Total novice opinion here (obviously).

it is possible and far from the craziest theory i have read on this site

NewFrogFan

Anyone else tired of the 30 yard sideline pass that might get 3-5 yards, thrown to a receiver that seems to run a pattern short of first down? This Qb and the last one did not seem to throw that ball well, but we continue to see the play called. In addition the entire stadium and defense know where the ball is going because BOTH Qb’s stared down the WR.

I was at LSU Georgia game this weekend, one thing I will give Smart and Saban, they are not afraid to try a true freshman at Qb when the starter is not getting job done, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t but at least they shook things up.

FrogLifeYo

Anyone else tired of the 30 yard sideline pass that might get 3-5 yards, thrown to a receiver that seems to run a pattern short of first down? This Qb and the last one did not seem to throw that ball well, but we continue to see the play called. In addition the entire stadium and defense know where the ball is going because BOTH Qb’s stared down the WR.

I was at LSU Georgia game this weekend, one thing I will give Smart and Saban, they are not afraid to try a true freshman at Qb when the starter is not getting job done, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t but at least they shook things up.
In fairness...The drop off from 1s to 2s isn’t a significant at Bama and GA as it is at TCU..