1. The KillerFrogs

Pat Sullivan

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by 82Frog, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Pat Sullivan, beloved former Auburn Heisman Trophy winner and college football icon, passed away in his sleep on Saturday night. He was 69.

Sullivan arrived at Auburn from John Carroll High School in Birmingham in 1968 and won the Heisman Trophy in 1971. He later served as an assistant coach for Pat Dye, helping Auburn win three consecutive championships. He went on to be the head coach at TCU, offensive coordinator at UAB and head coach at Samford before retiring after the 2014 season. He is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame and Alabama Sports Hall of Fame.

https://247sports.com/college/aubur...2E85d3EBoLZbm_Us08Qt_f8iQPh2e7HQqriRX3zaLk3yM

2. They won one for The Gipper.

3. RIP Coach Sullivan. You made us believe we could beat Texas in your first year...and we did.

4. Terrible news. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

5. Deepest sympathy for friends and family.

6. We were able to visit Coach Sullivan at Samford and go to a game. He and his wife, Jean, were/are some of the kindest people in the world. My heart goes out to their family.

7. He also brought us LT!

8. Always thought his last game to coach for us marked our turnaround.

Leap Frog likes this.
  9. I think you are right-- he left some really good players for TCU to build on. Bless his heart, it was always in the right place.

FrogAbroad likes this.
  10. The man could recruit. He just couldn’t develop the talent. He gave LHCGP’s D a run for their $$ every time we played UAB.

11. Rest In Peace coach

Skip Jansen likes this.
  12. RIP Coach.

Skip Jansen likes this.
  13. Hope he was able to see the Iron Bowl. RIP.

14. I was a student when he was hired at TCU, now I work at UAB Hospital, he definitely made a huge impact.

Attached Files:

zfrawg, Skip Jansen and Portland Frog like this.
  15. I started TCU his first year. I was in the marching band, and the memory of us beating Texas is seared into my mind. What an amazing ride, and from everything I've heard, an even more amazing man.

Your watch is ended, Coach Sullivan. Rest well.

16. RIP.

Can’t remember anything else he ever said except, “We’ll, that’s right Norm “, on his tv show with Bulaich.

4TCU likes this.
  17. Coach Sullivan left a foundation of talent that helped TCU become a winning program. The 1996 and 1997 recruiting classes were special.

18. And the coach’s show help him to

19. RIP Coach Sullivan