• The KillerFrogs

Panic as PAC 12 Falls Behind

Nolaeer

I think clemson and fsu are best bets bc they are underpaid in acc. WVU makes a lot more than they do(made 9 million last year tier 3 money), and fsu and clemson would rival Texas in tier 3 money in big 12, plus adding them would greatly increase the value of the big 12 package. They may want closer teams, and i think if fsu and clemson jumped Miami would as well. then, louisville and pitt would be begging to jump off a fast sinking ship.

Nick Danger

I think some of you are over-estimating the desire of some of the more middling Big-12 members like Baylor, Tech, Kansas State, Iowa State, etc. to trade additional revenue for a couple of more losses on their schedule. Adding Florida State and Clemson sounds good in the abstract but that would lose its' appeal even for TCU to get stuck in a division with FSU and Clemson and having to give up gimme games against some of the Big 12 bottom-dwellers.

Those additional hits to their won-lost record could make the difference in some of those borderline teams in becoming bowl eligible or having some of the upper tier Big-12 teams winding up in one of the lower tier Big-12 bowl games when they (and their fan base) are used to shooting for one of the New Years Six bowls, or even the Alamo Bowl, not to mention the Conference Championship game! :confused:

Last edited:

netty2424

I think some of you are over-estimating the desire of some of the more middling Big-12 members like Baylor, Tech, Kansas State, Iowa State, etc. to trade additional revenue for a couple of more losses on their schedule. Adding Florida State and Clemson sounds good in the abstract but that would lose its' appeal even for TCU to get stuck in a division with FSU and Clemson and having to give up gimme games against some of the Big 12 bottom-dwellers.

Those additional hits to their won-lost record could make the difference in some of those borderline teams in becoming bowl eligible or having some of the upper tier Big-12 teams winding up in one of the lower tier Big-12 bowl games when they (and their fan base) are used to shooting for one of the New Years Six bowls, or even the Alamo Bowl, not to mention the Conference Championship game! :confused:
Or it finally paves the way directly into the CFP, for anyone not named OU, with a gawdy resume.

Klaw

Y
I think clemson and fsu are best bets bc they are underpaid in acc. WVU makes a lot more than they do(made 9 million last year tier 3 money), and fsu and clemson would rival Texas in tier 3 money in big 12, plus adding them would greatly increase the value of the big 12 package. They may want closer teams, and i think if fsu and clemson jumped Miami would as well. then, louisville and pitt would be begging to jump off a fast sinking ship.

ACC is starting a conference network owned by ESPN which is supposed to help them catch up with the big 12 in terms of revenue

LSU Game Attendee

Easy fix: Play less conference games, schedule more gimmes (the SEC formula).

TX_Krötenechse

There is absolutely no chance that FSU or Clemson will come to the B12.

If we actually want to go to 12 teams (and personally I think 10 is great), then we will have to add G5 schools, BYU, or the Arizona schools. Nobody else would be interested.

FrogLifeYo

G5 or AZ schools are really our only hope of expansion. We should spend more energy focusing on what conference we are going to end up in when the Big 12 goes to hell

BABYFACE

G5 or AZ schools are really our only hope of expansion. We should spend more energy focusing on what conference we are going to end up in when the Big 12 goes to hell
Disagree with on Big 12. It isn’t going anywhere unless money changes. PAC 12 and ACC are lagging behind in per school payouts. Conference size has nothing to do with it.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Brew,

I read the KFC board and shake my head at the idea of dropping Baylor.

Don't get me wrong, I want to hang 70 on them in football, 110 on them in Bball, and sweep their ugly green and gold butts in baseball every year until the heavens fall.

But Baylor, like it or not, is an asset for the Big 12 and a necessary rival for TCU.

Without Baylor to hate and Waco to make fun of (Lubbock's only hope at missing out of the title of "Worst Place to live in Texas"), where does TCU go to create such a nationally recognized annual gridiron brawl?

Hate, absolutely!

But TCU needs the inadequate competition of another private school in the Big 12.

SMU and Rice can't currently provide the national attention that TCU v. Baylor generates.

The Big 12 needs Baylor because TCU needs a Baylor as a rival.
I will never be satisfied until there is a realignment that keeps the Frogs wherever Texas goes and sends Baylor to the WAC. They can come back in after they win the Rose Bowl !

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Disagree with on Big 12. It isn’t going anywhere unless money changes. PAC 12 and ACC are lagging behind in per school payouts. Conference size has nothing to do with it.
Texas likes owning it’s own conference. OU isn’t leaving UT or the fertile state of Texas recruiting ground. If UT had not been in the wilderness in recent years their fans would be happy. CDC knows how to arrive just as the winning starts.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Texas likes owning it’s own conference. OU isn’t leaving UT or the fertile state of Texas recruiting ground. If UT had not been in the wilderness in recent years their fans would be happy. CDC knows how to arrive just as the winning starts.
Rice still sucks.

McFroggin

If we actually want to go to 12 teams (and personally I think 10 is great), then we will have to add G5 schools, BYU, or the Arizona schools. Nobody else would be interested.

Assuming ACC schools won’t jump, we will stay at 10. We have a much better chance of adding Clemson than us taking BYU, AZ or G5. The Big12 will not take less money per school.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I think the sec will poach vt and nc state from acc, and that will open the door for the big 12 to grab clemson and fsu. BIG may take ga tech and cuse. UNC will never leave the acc neither will uva duke wake. no one wants bc.

Its possible we could also take Pitt and miami to make an eastern division.
At the risk of sounding elitist, I don’t want TCU to be associated with miami. While not as bad as baylor it’s still dirty. Hard Pass.