• The KillerFrogs

Panic as PAC 12 Falls Behind

Frog-in-law1995

Would love to add AZ, AZ State, CO and Utah. Then later add Nebraska and UNM (if dangling that carrot forces them to get their [ Finebaum ] together first). Doubt any of that is remotely possible, though.

CountryFrog

They were on the verge of becoming the most valuable conference in the country with the Texas and Oklahoma schools about to come in. Now this.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Could the BIGXII poach the PAC? Why not! 4 programs switching would make for a fabulous Conference. Hell, two Programs switching over would make for a fine improvement. Even if it were Colorado and Utah, things would greatly settle down. East-West Divisions would be easy, and rivalries could be maintained.

Of course, best case is 5 PAC Programs coming over, and Rape U. being deep-sixed to make room.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Let's annex the whole Pac-12, then poach Nebraska and Arkansas and call it the 24 Pac.

Edit: and one more school because we still have to kick Baylor to the street.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Colorado and Nebraska ran away because 1.) They were sick and tired of having to deal with DeLoss Dodds, and 2.) Any offer to leave looked attractive at the time. DeLoss is gone, and the revenue stream is considerably improved. Colorado would find such an invite very, very attractive. Nebraska is enjoying their payout in the B1G but is finding that DeLoss wasn't the only megalomaniacal Bigfoot AD out in the wild...

As to the Arizona programs, the PAC is where CDC grew up and learned the ropes. He knows those people and has good relationships with them. As the driving force behind the BIGXII (and the continuing ability to sell ice to Eskimos), he can make a persuasive case to all out there.

Wexahu

Colorado and Nebraska ran away because 1.) They were sick and tired of having to deal with DeLoss Dodds, and 2.) Any offer to leave looked attractive at the time. DeLoss is gone, and the revenue stream is considerably improved. Colorado would find such an invite very, very attractive. Nebraska is enjoying their payout in the B1G but is finding that DeLoss wasn't the only megalomaniacal Bigfoot AD out in the wild...

As to the Arizona programs, the PAC is where CDC grew up and learned the ropes. He knows those people and has good relationships with them. As the driving force behind the BIGXII (and the continuing ability to sell ice to Eskimos), he can make a persuasive case to all out there.

I go back and forth on this. I think if we give this a few more years the idea of 10 teams might look pretty attractive to a couple of these conferences. Bigger was better a couple years ago but it might not be tomorrow.

Latest posts