• The KillerFrogs

PAC - 12

Pharm Frog

they have top notch facilities and some big time donors.

they hired a coach from the patriots. They’re not Cal in terms of not caring about football

Facilities don’t travel to neutral site games. If every big donor did travel it would barely be noticeable. They have an apathetic fan base relative to football but you’ll probably point out that their QB is 85.6% better than Max.

FBallFan123

I find it funny that Reese Davis said during an interview with Herbie Herbstreit that he thought Oregon was going to make the playoffs this year. Lol.

I think UCLA is legit though. Perhaps Kelly has them going now.

Yeah, I was listening to an interview with Bruce Feldman last week and he listed a number of reasons why UCLA might pull off the upset … including experience with a number of returning players (including on the offensive line) and adding some players key transfers (including RB’s Charbonnet and Brown).

And you look at the stats from yesterday … Charbonnet had 117 yards, Brown had 96.

It’s LSU’s first game so we’ll see what their defense looks like going forward … but one thing Chip Kelly’s best Oregon teams had was a great running game.

If UCLA has that, they could be legit.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

Facilities don’t travel to neutral site games. If every big donor did travel it would barely be noticeable. They have an apathetic fan base relative to football but you’ll probably point out that their QB is 85.6% better than Max.

Oh wow didn’t realize I was speaking to a fan base expert of all Pac 12 and Arizona schools.

you clearly know more than the big wigs who were courting both Arizona schools to the big 12

edit: since you brought it up - yeah their QB had a better day against BYU than max did against Duquesne

Pharm Frog

Oh wow didn’t realize I was speaking to a fan base expert of all Pac 12 and Arizona schools.

you clearly know more than the big wigs who were courting both Arizona schools to the big 12

edit: since you brought it up - yeah their QB had a better day against BYU than max did against Duquesne

Must have misread the score of that Zona-BYU game. Could have sworn BYU won.

LisaLT

couldn’t care less about either program

Arizona QB did well as a freshman against a P5 program.

we played a high school team. Let’s see how max does against Texas or OU
I do think Max is a competitor. As I remember from last year he did well against the Whorns.

Wexahu

I think we need Harris in there. Is anyone else missing from the OL due to injury?

UT won’t be a pushover for sure.

UT’s QB looked like a player to me. Made some chicken salad out of some chicken [ Finebaum ] and did it while staying under control.

RangerUte

…and yet they have 5 of 12 teams ranked in the top 25, including an impressive OOC showing by UCLA, which dominated LSU. If you think the PAC has apathetic fan bases, perhaps recall TCUs trips to Salt Lake City. Utah has expanded its stadium and sells out its games. Lots of fan enthusiasm with Oregon, Washington, UCLA, USC or ASU. What the PAC does have are underachievers like WSU, just as the Big12 has Kansas, which struggled to beat South Dakota.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Kansas has been a doormat since Mangino ate his way out of town 20 years ago. And, they won, whereas some of your banner institutions managed to choke to Nevada, Montana, and Utah State.

Just stop it. Utah will have a pretty good season. The rest of the PAC aside from UCLA is not looking terribly good, and LSU was perhaps not the LSU of years gone by due to 1.) Hurricane, and 2.) Ed O wearing thin.

Jared7

…and yet they have 5 of 12 teams ranked in the top 25, including an impressive OOC showing by UCLA, which dominated LSU. If you think the PAC has apathetic fan bases, perhaps recall TCUs trips to Salt Lake City. Utah has expanded its stadium and sells out its games. Lots of fan enthusiasm with Oregon, Washington, UCLA, USC or ASU. What the PAC does have are underachievers like WSU, just as the Big12 has Kansas, which struggled to beat South Dakota.
UCLA looks good on the field but the attendance in the Rose Bowl against Hawaii was anemic. I doubt if Washington is that all enthused about losing to Montana. The Pac 12 was 6-6 last week; the Big 12 9-1. Arizona has lost, what, 13 in a row (and yet still is receiving votes in the AP)? We're about to see how good Cal is after their loss to Nevada in their opener.

SuperTFrog

Kansas has been a doormat since Mangino ate his way out of town 20 years ago. And, they won, whereas some of your banner institutions managed to choke to Nevada, Montana, and Utah State.

Just stop it. Utah will have a pretty good season. The rest of the PAC aside from UCLA is not looking terribly good, and LSU was perhaps not the LSU of years gone by due to 1.) Hurricane, and 2.) Ed O wearing thin.
Looks like someone is still mad about getting taken out to the woodshed at Amon G. Not to mention the 47-7 ass whipping at their place (which I was there to watch in person).

RangerUte

you are a troll and quite a lazy one if you are reposting mac articles so the only thing left to be said is scheiss off
Not at all. I grew up loving TCU football during the Tommy Crutcher days 80 miles west of Ft Worth. Time passed and I found myself in grad school at Utah. I spent a lot of time watching Utah football from their awful 1980s days to the cultural transformation of the program, first under Ron McBride, then Urban Meyer and Kyle Whittingham. TCU was fortunate to have Andy Dalton and company and I still recall the epic 2008 game in SLC where the Utes slugged out a squeaker en route to the Sugar Bowl date with Alabama, despite having less talent than TCU. Then both TCU and Utah found their way to new conferences. We have both done well, but the SEC picking off the marquee members of conferences is a threat to college football as we know it and the response from both the PAC and Big 12 has been somewhat in effective IMHO. If college football is to merely be an NFL farm program, let the NFL pay for it. I would rather that college athletics revert to a time when it was about student athletes and school spirit, not about maximizing revenues and serving the interests of the NFL owners.

SuperTFrog

Not at all. I grew up loving TCU football during the Tommy Crutcher days 80 miles west of Ft Worth. Time passed and I found myself in grad school at Utah. I spent a lot of time watching Utah football from their awful 1980s days to the cultural transformation of the program, first under Ron McBride, then Urban Meyer and Kyle Whittingham. TCU was fortunate to have Andy Dalton and company and I still recall the epic 2008 game in SLC where the Utes slugged out a squeaker en route to the Sugar Bowl date with Alabama, despite having less talent than TCU. Then both TCU and Utah found their way to new conferences. We have both done well, but the SEC picking off the marquee members of conferences is a threat to college football as we know it and the response from both the PAC and Big 12 has been somewhat in effective IMHO. If college football is to merely be an NFL farm program, let the NFL pay for it. I would rather that college athletics revert to a time when it was about student athletes and school spirit, not about maximizing revenues and serving the interests of the NFL owners.
I was there for that 2008 game too. We missed a couple of chip shot field goals in the 4th QTR that would have helped. Brian Johnson was a hell of a QB and that 21-0 start against Bama was legit! Winner of that game got Bama amd the loser got Boise St in the Poinsettia bowl in early December.