• The KillerFrogs

Outkick: TCU sees enrollment boost after magical run to national title game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU SEES ENROLLMENT BOOST AFTER MAGICAL RUN TO NATIONAL TITLE GAME​

by DAVID HOOKSTEAD

GettyImages-1246338120.jpg

TCU is seeing more enrollment action after the team’s incredible football season last year.

The Horned Frogs finished the season 13-2, and made an incredibly unexpected run to the national title game. Sure, they got boat raced 65-7 by Georgia in the title game, but the fact they got there is already paying dividends.

Specifically, more kids accepted to TCU are going. Dean of admissions Heath Einstein told On3 that TCU has seen a 2.5% enrollment increase since last football season among accepted applicants. The Horned Frogs put the university on the map for a lot of people and elevated its profile.

Read more at https://www.outkick.com/tcu-national-title-game-enrollment-boost/

Deep Purple

“When I first got here, we were a good local brand. This puts us as a national brand. I’m not saying we’re Texas or Georgia. We’ve become a national brand,” AD Jeremiah Donati explained to On3.
This statement by Jeremiah didn't sit well with me. Donati came to the University in 2011 -- after the Rose Bowl year. TCU was a national brand before his arrival. I know it's not his intent, but it sounds as if he's discounting the good work his predecessors did before he arrived. Yet they laid the foundation of national recognition that he is now benefitting from.

Last edited: