• The KillerFrogs

Out of the seniors graduating this next season t

57Frog

, which one do you think will most adversely affect the team on the field ?
I nominate Tee Jay Johnson . I am afraid his loss will affect the whole defense the following season .

Houston Frog

QUOTE(57Frog @ May 18 2010, 08:34 PM) [snapback]561382[/snapback]
, which one do you think will most adversely affect the team on the field ?
I nominate Tee Jay Johnson . I am afraid his loss will affect the whole defense the following season .

Dalton

End thread

neutral observer

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ May 18 2010, 07:40 PM) [snapback]561383[/snapback]
Dalton

End thread

I agree! His loss of leadership, tenacity, etc. will hurt! Also, the loss of five wide receivers, four of which would be listed in the top 5 will be hard to replace.

fdub

losing four-year starters never is good.

There'll be a few of those saying goodbye this December.

But there's talent behind them; hopefully experience, too.

ross

KMA
depends on which side of the ball you are looking at.
as we saw in the F Bowl they are literally 2 different teams with 2 differnt personalities.

On offense clearly Dalton
On Defense clearly TJ
both QB's of their respective sides of the ball.

NativeFrog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ May 19 2010, 01:40 AM) [snapback]561383[/snapback]
Dalton

End thread

There's a lot of talent behind Dalton, and under our offensie scheme, it will blossom, just like Dalton has.

Trelvis

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ May 19 2010, 10:37 PM) [snapback]561739[/snapback]
There's a lot of talent behind Dalton, and under our offensie scheme, it will blossom, just like Dalton has.

No guarantees. Dalton is about to become the winningest QB in TCU history...Pretty hard to fill those shoes.

gpfrog03

QUOTE(Trelvis @ May 19 2010, 05:52 PM) [snapback]561742[/snapback]
No guarantees. Dalton is about to become the winningest QB in TCU history...Pretty hard to fill those shoes.

Isn't Kerley out of eligibility after this year? If that's true, he will definitely be a huge blow due to playmaking ability on special teams and offense.

Houston Frog

Yeah, there's a ton of guys graduating after this year that we're going to miss, but the question is which one of those seniors are we going to miss most on the field in 2011.

ectofrog

QUOTE(fdub @ May 19 2010, 07:28 AM) [snapback]561457[/snapback]
losing four-year starters never is good.

There'll be a few of those saying goodbye this December.

But there's talent behind them; hopefully experience, too.

Put me down as one who'd like to see our seniors say goodbye to us in January, playing in the last game of the season.

And how anyone can answer this question with anything other than Dalton is beyond me. He's a four-year starter at THE most important position on the field, who will hold just about every major passing record in school history by the time he's through. He's a bona fide candidate for the Heisman Trophy and the Davey O'Brien Award...the first quarterback this school has had in any kind of serious position for those honors in a LONG time. He led us to our first BCS bowl, our first undefeated season in over 70 years, and his development has seen this offense go from liability to respectability to dominance.

What exactly is the question here? Yeah, Kerley's awesome...so is JY and TJ and a host of others. But this is the most accomplished quarterback we've had at TCU in a really long time, and depending on his exploits this season, could wind up being the greatest TCU quarterback in history (and yes, if he wins a national title at TCU while shining statistically, I'll put him even above Sammy and Davey, given the era and what a ridiculous achievement it would be to win a title at a non-AQ school).

Count me as someone who doesn't quite understand the point of this thread. Isn't it painstakingly obvious? Or are some of us so starry-eyed at 3 and 4 star QB recruits that we lose sight of the fact that one of the very best QB's in the country is entering his senior season at TCU and will likely be monumentally difficult to replace?

Trelvis

QUOTE(ectofrog @ May 20 2010, 04:21 AM) [snapback]561834[/snapback]
Put me down as one who'd like to see our seniors say goodbye to us in January, playing in the last game of the season.

And how anyone can answer this question with anything other than Dalton is beyond me. He's a four-year starter at THE most important position on the field, who will hold just about every major passing record in school history by the time he's through. He's a bona fide candidate for the Heisman Trophy and the Davey O'Brien Award...the first quarterback this school has had in any kind of serious position for those honors in a LONG time. He led us to our first BCS bowl, our first undefeated season in over 70 years, and his development has seen this offense go from liability to respectability to dominance.

What exactly is the question here? Yeah, Kerley's awesome...so is JY and TJ and a host of others. But this is the most accomplished quarterback we've had at TCU in a really long time, and depending on his exploits this season, could wind up being the greatest TCU quarterback in history (and yes, if he wins a national title at TCU while shining statistically, I'll put him even above Sammy and Davey, given the era and what a ridiculous achievement it would be to win a title at a non-AQ school).

Count me as someone who doesn't quite understand the point of this thread. Isn't it painstakingly obvious? Or are some of us so starry-eyed at 3 and 4 star QB recruits that we lose sight of the fact that one of the very best QB's in the country is entering his senior season at TCU and will likely be monumentally difficult to replace?

clap.gif

purpleshades

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ May 18 2010, 07:40 PM) [snapback]561383[/snapback]
Dalton

End thread

He is a system qb just like all the others that have passed through our program. The only position that I've seen us have a real difficult time filling in the past is the playmaking wide reciever position. It's been hard to replace guys like Reggie Harrell and Cory Rodgers. Similarly, we will be losing a really talented recieving corps after next year. Young, Kerley, Johnson, Frosh, etc.... I think they'll be a tough group to replace.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(purpleshades @ May 20 2010, 12:53 AM) [snapback]561843[/snapback]
He is a system qb just like all the others that have passed through our program. The only position that I've seen us have a real difficult time filling in the past is the playmaking wide reciever position. It's been hard to replace guys like Reggie Harrell and Cory Rodgers. Similarly, we will be losing a really talented recieving corps after next year. Young, Kerley, Johnson, Frosh, etc.... I think they'll be a tough group to replace.

We will be completely fine at WR in 2011, we have plenty of studs coming in to replace the guys we're losing.

And QB isn't like WR, it's very hard to have a new guy step in and not miss a beat, no matter how good or highly touted the new guy is. QB is the most mentally challenging position to play in all of sports, and in-game experience is the only real way to "get it".

Also, the QB is the only QB on the field, while there are usually 3 WRs on the field at a time. There are plenty of guys with experience returning at the WR position who we will be able to lean on while the new guys come along.

I'd be willing to bet you any amount of money that CGP, Fuente, and Anderson are way more worried about having to replace Dalton than they are about having to replace any particular receiver.

And finally, Dalton is not a "system QB" in the traditional sense of the term. He may have been his first 2 years (because it takes time to learn how to play QB), but he took a major step forward last year and took control of that offense.