• The KillerFrogs

Our weakest Link - prefered 4 wideouts for SMU

asleep003

Was sold on Hights and Hunt after week one … but last week has me looking else where for those good hands people we need to be in contention. Don't care about speed or size as long as they can run the routes / block / hold on to the ball.

Froggish

Was sold on Hights and Hunt after week one … but last week has me looking else where for those good hands people we need to be in contention. Don't care about speed or size as long as they can run the routes / block / hold on to the ball.

Reagor, Barber, DThomas, and pick your poison between Heights and the mystery of Barkley..

ThisIsOurTime

Get Al'Dontre Davis on the field.
I have thought of this rule too. It should be like when Andy Dalton would get benched if he threw a pick. But this time with receivers where if they drop the ball, they get pulled. Then, you just give extra playing time to those who actually catch it. If we have another showing like at Purdue, I will be wishing walk-ons get a shot.

In the meantime, maybe add a few more football catching drills in practice like say this: https://www.stack.com/a/catch-football-drills

asleep003

I have thought of this rule too. It should be like when Andy Dalton would get benched if he threw a pick. But this time with receivers where if they drop the ball, they get pulled. Then, you just give extra playing time to those who actually catch it. If we have another showing like at Purdue, I will be wishing walk-ons get a shot.

In the meantime, maybe add a few more football catching drills in practice like say this: https://www.stack.com/a/catch-football-drills
Maybe a little late for the Ponies, but maybe for KU. Possibly Malcolm will install some of these that are not already in use.

Froggish

To bad WR isn’t like OL where you try and get your best 4 on the field..Unfortunately we have route system rotations so you can’t just line up a guy any where..

Punter1

To bad WR isn’t like OL where you try and get your best 4 on the field..Unfortunately we have route system rotations so you can’t just line up a guy any where..

The problem is we really don't have 4 to put on the field...but if our top 4 were slot guys or wide guys...trust me they would be on the field the most.

I'd look for ways to get Sewo and Jet on the field with Reag, Barber and Wells....almost a traditional lineup with 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a TE.

Those are our 5 best skill guys and we could still be very multiple outta that set...

Froggish

The problem is we really don't have 4 to put on the field...but if our top 4 were slot guys or wide guys...trust me they would be on the field the most.

I'd look for ways to get Sewo and Jet on the field with Reag, Barber and Wells....almost a traditional lineup with 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a TE.

Those are our 5 best skill guys and we could still be very multiple outta that set...

Insane that we have a whole damn stable of lightning bolts that we can’t get to catch the football. Agree that Sewo and Jet need to be on the field together enough so that defenses have to account for more talent.

asleep003

And then possibly rotate in A Davis/ D Davis/ and Thomas with more reps and see if they can hang on to the ball.

ThisIsOurTime

Maybe a little late for the Ponies, but maybe for KU. Possibly Malcolm will install some of these that are not already in use.
If I was one of the receivers, I would be taking extra time to improve my catching ability even if it was playing catch with a pair of socks in the dorms in my downtime. Right now, it would be an easy way to differentiate yourself from the pack.

Punter1

Insane that we have a whole damn stable of lightning bolts that we can’t get to catch the football. Agree that Sewo and Jet need to be on the field together enough so that defenses have to account for more talent.

Lightning bolts?? Outside of Reag and Barber I just dont see any above average D1 WRs on our roster....sorry, but I dont.

Heights is decent but extremely inconsistent.
Hunt looks the part but also looks scared or at least not ready for the moment.
Thomas is very inconsistent.
Stephens is a talent that should probably be playing defense somewhere.
A Davis should probably be starting oppo Reag but isn't for some reason.
D Davis needs to be a CB like yesterday.
Barkley...who knows.

People gave me hell when I said we would miss J Stewart and J Austin this year...and we have.

asleep003

Lets certainly hope Barkley has some game and can hold on to what's thrown to him on the intermediate and the longer balls... that we primarily brought him in here for.

jake102

Lightning bolts?? Outside of Reag and Barber I just dont see any above average D1 WRs on our roster....sorry, but I dont.

Barkley...who knows.

People gave me hell when I said we would miss J Stewart and J Austin this year...and we have.

I’m not sure whether Austin and Stewart would be playing, but regardless, those guys weren’t quality WRs.

Froggish

Barkley...who knows.

Lightning bolts meaning they can all run well....They certainly aren’t competent WRs...As for as for Stewart and Austin, those guys gave us nothing but blocking and effort..If we miss them then that tells you just how bad we are

MTfrog5

Barkley...who knows.

Stewart would have been solid if not for injuries. Literally everyone you listed could/would run circles around Austin and Austin had his own drop issues in his career as well.

Latest posts