• The KillerFrogs

Our ranking goes up to 12

CountryFrog

what big win on the road does clemson have? Ncstate? Oklahoma has wins on the road against number 9 and number 13. Oklahoma’s loss is to a 4 loss team that the committee deemed the 21st best team in the country last week. Clemson lost to a 6 loss Syracuse team. Yes they were missing Bryant. However, In Oklahoma’s loss they were missing 3 of their 4 defensive lineman, a starting receiver, and one of their running backs.

The clemson, Miami, Oklahoma grouping makes absolutely no sense at all.
One of the things that the committee needs to STOP considering immediately is injuries. Every single team has injuries that they have to deal with. It's part of the game just as much as missed calls by officials are part of the game. To my knowledge, they don't give teams a pass for a screw job by the officials (nor should they imo) and they shouldn't be trying to decipher which injuries are significant and which are not.

I remember hearing about Oregon's left tackle every freaking week in 2014 as an extenuating circumstance for why they lost a game, as if they were somehow the only team in America to have an injured offensive lineman.

They also don't give bonus points to teams who win despite injuries. So if we go to Lubbock and beat Tech with Robinson at QB then do we get to jump up even farther than we normally would have for overcoming that injury? Unlikely.

Sometimes injuries ruin a team's season. That's the way the game has always been. You have 85 guys on scholarship for a reason. The committee should not be able to factor injuries into their rankings as a justification for keeping a team highly ranked despite losing to a horrible team.

Wexahu

One of the things that the committee needs to STOP considering immediately is injuries. Every single team has injuries that they have to deal with. It's part of the game just as much as missed calls by officials are part of the game. To my knowledge, they don't give teams a pass for a screw job by the officials (nor should they imo) and they shouldn't be trying to decipher which injuries are significant and which are not.

I remember hearing about Oregon's left tackle every freaking week in 2014 as an extenuating circumstance for why they lost a game, as if they were somehow the only team in America to have an injured offensive lineman.

They also don't give bonus points to teams who win despite injuries. So if we go to Lubbock and beat Tech with Robinson at QB then do we get to jump up even farther than we normally would have for overcoming that injury? Unlikely.

Sometimes injuries ruin a team's season. That's the way the game has always been. You have 85 guys on scholarship for a reason. The committee should not be able to factor injuries into their rankings as a justification for keeping a team highly ranked despite losing to a horrible team.

If SR comes in, plays very well, and we look like a different, more explosive offense with him in the game and go 3-0 these next three games.......that's our best chance of making the CFP, kind of because of what you said above. If KH plays, we stick to the same conservative run-first offensive style, and try and eek out close wins, I don't think that'll do it even if we do go 3-0.

Granted, I think the likelihood of that scenario playing out is EXTREMELY remote, I'm just throwing it out there. Purely from a CFP committee POV, throwing some kind of curveball out there and getting great results is the best chance we have to really raise some eyebrows.

CountryFrog

If SR comes in, plays very well, and we look like a different, more explosive offense with him in the game and go 3-0 these next three games.......that's our best chance of making the CFP, kind of because of what you said above. If KH plays, we stick to the same conservative run-first offensive style, and try and eek out close wins, I don't think that'll do it even if we do go 3-0.

Granted, I think the likelihood of that scenario playing out is EXTREMELY remote, I'm just throwing it out there. Purely from a CFP committee POV, throwing some kind of curveball out there and getting great results is the best chance we have to really raise some eyebrows.
You might be right, and imo, that would be total BS if it played out that way. I'd love it as a TCU fan, but I absolutely hate the idea of weighing injuries and their effects. It makes the committee's job even more difficult. Everyone has injuries. Trying to determine which ones matter and which ones don't is an impossible task.

If a great receiver drops an easy TD in the endzone that would've won his team a game but they end up losing then the committee can't say "well, in the playoffs, that guy will almost definitely make that catch so let's give them a chance." It's the same reasoning as "well, in the playoffs, they will have this other QB available who will almost definitely make them a better team than they were in their losses so let's give them a chance."

cdsfrog

Losing to Syracuse is a better resume builder than undefeated?

I honestly have no idea. The committee did some weird ship this week - weirder than usual.

It's the whole 7 top of 50 wins. I mean I get it, that's more than Miami. It's just crazy, makes me wonder if Miami lost versus Syracuse could they get in 1 loss? Playoff wouldnt be rematch.

Bizarro Frog

This scenario just dawned on me and this could even get more preposterous.

We win Big 12 handing Oklahoma their 2nd loss. Ohio St wins Big Ten with 2 losses. How do they put Ohio St in over Oklahoma? Do they stick both us and OU in? Do they put OU in over us so they can justify Ohio St getting in? Makes me sick to my stomach thinking about that last scenario.

Bizarro Frog

This scenario just dawned on me and this could even get more preposterous.

We win Big 12 handing Oklahoma their 2nd loss. Ohio St wins Big Ten with 2 losses. How do they put Ohio St in over Oklahoma? Do they stick both us and OU in? Do they put OU in over us so they can justify Ohio St getting in? Makes me sick to my stomach thinking about that last scenario.
Operating under the premise the Big Ten Champ will get in no matter unless it’s a 3 loss Ohio St or 1 loss Wisconsin. I guess we are left rooting for Wisconsin so there will be no Sooner Buckeye controversy. That worked out well last time.

Here is an idea - Put the 5 Power Champs in automatically. Let the committee pick 3 more and seed them 1-8 so Ohio St and ND are always alive in the mix and ESPN can have their show every week. Play the first playoff game a week after the conference title games on the campus of the top 4 seeds. Make a ton of more money because you have a monster Saturday of 4 playoff games back to back. Then we can stop the conference vs conference hatred and enjoy college football again without the stress of worrying they are moving Northwestern ahead of W Vir to pad the Top 25 Big Ten teams to justify who they want to put in.

FROG PARENTS 1961

So much for Wexahu and the CFP committee’s “consistent metric” that quality wins matter. Now it’s quality losses. You can’t defend that [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Not shocking how they change things again. There are 5 B1G teams in the rankings. Such el toro [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]

actually, and sadly, the B1G HAS 6SIX6 TEAMS IN THE 25
5. Wisconsin
9. ohio s
10. Penn s
17 Mich st
23. southwestern
24. Mich