• The KillerFrogs

Our ranking goes up to 12

Wexahu

Brian Jones just brought up an interesting scenario on The Ticket.

#24 ranked Michigan has Wisconsin and Ohio State left. They win those two games, then beat Wisconsin again in CCG, does 11-2 Big 10 champ Michigan get in?

EDIT looks like Michigan is 19. Not 24 like Jones stated.

I would say possibly but very unlikely. They'd have two losses and probably no wins over Top 10 teams, it seems like that would be a tough hurdle to get over. Going to #24 to #4 in three weeks seems pretty impossible. They can probably only get to #10 or so in the next couple weeks, then a win over Wisconsin in the CCG, I don't see how that could move them all the way to #4. Not enough teams in front of them will lose.

Sebastian S

Fine with our ranking. I figured we would get the Washington treatment. Think OU or Miami should be #2, though, with Clemson at #4.

So what if this happens.
-Bama wins out
- Miami wins out
- Wisky wins out
- ND loses to Stanford
- USC doesn't win the PAC
- Frogs win out
.....hmmmmm
-Bama wins out - #1 SEC
- Miami wins out - #2 ACC
- Wisky wins out - #3 BIG10
- ND loses to Stanford - Out either way
- USC doesn't win the PAC - PAC12 is out either way
- Frogs win out -#4 BIG12

Wexahu

-Bama wins out - #1 SEC
- Miami wins out - #2 ACC
- Wisky wins out - #3 BIG10
- ND loses to Stanford - Out either way
- USC doesn't win the PAC - PAC12 is out either way
- Frogs win out -#4 BIG12

I think we'd have to beat Oklahoma convincingly to jump all the way to #4. Don't think a win by a FG would do it, just because of how badly they beat us.

netty2424

I would say possibly but very unlikely. They'd have two losses and probably no wins over Top 10 teams, it seems like that would be a tough hurdle to get over. Going to #24 to #4 in three weeks seems pretty impossible. They can probably only get to #10 or so in the next couple weeks, then a win over Wisconsin in the CCG, I don't see how that could move them all the way to #4. Not enough teams in front of them will lose.
Assuming #5 Wisconsin and #8 Ohio state don't remain top 10. Don't forget that Big bias.

Sebastian S

At this point, I think the order of the top 4 doesn't really matter, it will work its way out at the end.

Especially since Clemson and Miami will play each other.

Bizarro Frog

Final 4 will be in no particular order -
SEC Champ
ACC Champ
Big 12 Champ
Big 10 Champ

Only way that does not happen is if Auburn beats Bama and plays for the SEC title allowing Bama to slip in as a 1 loss non conference champion team.

I truly believe a 2 loss TCU gets in because ND is out. If ND is out then a Pac 12 Champ USC does not jump them. If it’s a 2 loss Pac 12 Champ Washington they will not get in before us. Not fun but our best interest may be served by rooting for Bama to win out. A 2 loss Georgia is not going to jump us.

If Coach P and the Frogs exact revenge on the Sooners and shut down what is now being hailed as one of the greatest offenses ever it will make a good enough story to get us in.

Go Frogs

Sebastian S

Just stirring the pot... I would be pissed as an OU fan if that's what ends up happening.

The timing of your win/loss against TCU cost you the playoffs and a conference champ, even with identical records and a win vs. Ohio State.

Wexahu

Just stirring the pot... I would be pissed as an OU fan if that's what ends up happening.

The timing of your win/loss against TCU cost you the playoffs and a conference champ, even with identical records and a win vs. Ohio State.

Yes, it will be interesting if we get a rematch with OU and beat them by a FG. They'll have a better SOS by virtue of their win at OSU and will have a 1-1 HTH record with a far more convincing win. We'll be the conference champs but in a very manufactured way. And I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, we had beaten OSU handily in OOC and just hammered OU, we'd be thinking the same thing.

It's unfortunate that the CCG can't be played on an as-needed basis, but I get why it can't.

Sebastian S

To add to that they will probably look at:
- TCU lost to ISU @ISU
- TCU lost to OU @OU
- TCU (hopefully)beat OU @ a neutral field

Comparing TCU and OU's games vs. common opponents, I think TCU has the upper hand, across the board to date.

But OU has that win against Ohio State.

Wexahu

To add to that they will probably look at:
- TCU lost to ISU @ISU
- TCU lost to OU @OU
- TCU (hopefully)beat OU @ a neutral field

Comparing TCU and OU's games vs. common opponents, I think TCU has the upper hand, across the board to date.

But OU has that win against Ohio State.

That will be what we would rely on. How we look in the next two games will matter too. If OU beats up on WVU that will help their case. If we beat up on Tech and they struggle with WVU, that will help ours to some degree.

If it comes down to the CCG, it would sure help to beat Oklahoma rather convincingly.