• The KillerFrogs

OU Press Conference

Limp Lizard

Don't know about anyone else, but some of this schtick is getting old. We're paying elite salaries, getting more elite players and the results aren't elite.

And 3,2,1... flame away.
Don't know if you can say so many elite players since our last 5 classes (2014-2018) were ranked 43, 39, 21, 28, and 25. A few really elite players like Blacklock, Robinson, Rogers, but there are 22 starters per game, not counting injuries. Getting better, but nowhere near tOSU, Texas, Clemson, etc. Texas and a$m have proved you can have bad teams with highly-ranked recruiting classes, but you need several top classes to hope for playoff chances, except for unusual teams like the 2014 team.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I have had Tech fans tell me over the past week that their program is better than ours because they have beaten us 4 of 7 since we joined the Big 12.

Meaningless. We've had 3 11 win seasons since joining the Big 12 and an overall better record, their best year has been 8 wins.

By their logic Ole Miss had a better program than Bama from 2014 to 2016 because they won 2 of 3 from the Tide
Why even talk to a Tech fan?

CountryFrog

I have had Tech fans tell me over the past week that their program is better than ours because they have beaten us 4 of 7 since we joined the Big 12.

Meaningless. We've had 3 11 win seasons since joining the Big 12 and an overall better record, their best year has been 8 wins.

By their logic Ole Miss had a better program than Bama from 2014 to 2016 because they won 2 of 3 from the Tide
We could beat Tech 10 years in a row by an average of 30 points and they would still have a large portion of their fans claiming superiority over TCU. Those fans are some of the most insecure I've ever come across and it really comes to light with TCU. Literally the only thing that program has had to hang its hat on is the fact that they are a member of the Big 12. They used to use that as proof of superiority over TCU but now they can't. The fact that we've had more success (a LOT more) in 6 years of Big membership than they've had in 20 is pretty aggravating to them. Plus 82-27.

netty2424

Sooo, we were national champions in 2014?
giphy.gif

BABYFACE

After perusing OU's fan forum.....they seem relatively assured that they will impose their will upon the Frogs without

any real difficulty. They even referred to our QB as a 'turnover machine'. Ouch!
Last part has been true. I really hope that changes and he does a better job of protecting the ball.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Comparing GMFP to Sumlin or Riley really isn't a decent comparison. Sort of apples to oranges. Both of those guys were hired by a program that had had success either in the past or fairly recently, programs that had established fan bases decades old, great gobs of money and facilities, and Brand Name cachet to guarantee elite recruits. Things were expected of them at once, and anything less than s Top 4 finish was considered failure.

GMFP, OTOH, quite literally built this program into what it is. Before he came in as a part of Fran's staff, we had stunk on ice for the better part of four decades. After 18 years of winning, we have that large fan base, great facilities, reasonable gobs of money, and a reputation for developing talent. That new Stadium, weight room, indoor facility, cryo tube, the works: All because of GMFP. He can do whatever the hell he wants to in my book. We owe him that much.

However, TCU will never have Brand Name cachet as A&M, UT, or OU simply because of the size of their alumni/t-shirt fan bases and guaranteed TV ratings. We're always behind the 8-ball. Even moreso now, what with twitter and primadonna 18-year-olds flouncing around like fools, and ESPN hanging on their every utterance. It ain't the Old Game, and it never will be again.

LSU Game Attendee

However, TCU will never have Brand Name cachet as A&M, UT, or OU simply because of the size of their alumni/t-shirt fan bases and guaranteed TV ratings.

Agree with your point re: sheer number of mouth-breathers. However, UT and OU are on a traditional plane with USC, ND, Michigan, Alabama. A&M is more of a middling Mississippi State, Oregon State, Oklahoma State football kind of place.

Bob Sugar

Only one thing matters, remember?
usa-today-8255862.0.jpg

Chongo94

Or if you're a triage nurse and you have to figure out which STD to treat.

More than likely the nurse is the Tech grad...so so many nurses coming out of there these days it seems. They are keeping the hot nurse tradition going though ha!