• The KillerFrogs

OU Press Conference

don

game 7. feels like we just played them. good football team, athletically top 10. tough game vs texas 2 weeks to prepare. lot of new ideas, have to get ready to go

don

OL vs Tech,? only scored 14 points. Came down to 5-6 plays.

Satisfied with playcalling and tempo? Wouldn't discuss that here. we have to get better. even when i made changes in 2013, those coaches were good enough to win rose bowl. our job is to give them every opportunity within the scheme and not put them in harm's way. RB not having as good a season. we have to be more physical.

don

When a big play happens, it takes 3-5 guys to screw up on D. Everyone panics in college football. we want to keep improving and not panic. we lost a couple of guys on Thursday. You only have X amount of bullets in your gun, use what you got. We made the plays in iowa st game. everyone should go play at Ames at night.

Mean Purple

When a big play happens, it takes 3-5 guys to screw up on D. Everyone panics in college football. we want to keep improving and not panic. we lost a couple of guys on Thursday. You only have X amount of bullets in your gun, use what you got. We made the plays in iowa st game. everyone should go play at Ames at night.
Sprinkler heads?

don

Crowd makes a difference in energy. 2009 Utah. Night games where energy keeps bouncing you up.

Gaines update? no.

Marquis Brown - we got work to do. Best we could do last year was hold them to 38.

Decision to spy? how you play your coverages. some personnel groups make that tough. Iowa State with 3 man rush is not prevent defense. You get more speed on field, different ways to blitz. OU - ran 9 variations on how to run the counter. OU does a good job of coaching.

netty2424

Excuses.

don

Appreciate guys that love to coach the game. You want to get where opposing team doesn't like you.

Trend of firing coordinators? nature of media and fan bases. no patience. he was good enough to go to BCS game last year.

Ive had 4-5 death threats. usually because of alcohol or gambling.

I've always prepared that this is my last game. i won't ever be surprised.

Been head coach 18 years. We all know everyone. I think Mike and Lincoln are good friends. We all get it. I don't think fans understand the pressure, its not easy to win. the margin is so narrow. one guy can be the difference.

don

Coaches want fans with passion. When we came 21 years ago, we didn't have that. As long as they are all in, all the time.

don

Grade lincoln? Good. He made a hard decision. You still have some Stoopes players. Guys before him have been successful.

That's what we try to do here. Put facilities in place.

Stay below the water, find a way to win.

don

Turnovers - you have to being careful about not talking about it too much. like tackling. Not tackling - not healthy, tired. Offensively, game hasn't slowed down yet or trying to do too much. When you get older, it slows down. It won't be Andy Dalton. 2007 vs Air Force. We have ball on 30, we need a run, he checks the fade, gets intercepted and we lose in OT. I don't think he would have won Rose Bowl without handling losses, Fiesta Bowl

Can't tear down your own kids too much. What are you going to do next time. They are people. that's an art that's being forgotten. how do you manage attitude and confidence level

don

It's not always a bad thing to be watching. Best D is offense is on field. We need to do better at it. You can't be last in Big 12 in turnovers.

Shawn's confidence? I don't know. Wouldn't tell OU. Have to be careful what you tell announcers on Friday because i listen on Saturday's.

No one is gonna work harder than we are. we need to give #3 more help. QB - much is given, much is expected.

Go Frogs.