• The KillerFrogs

OU Kennedy Brooks

netty2424

Who cares what Collin Cow [ Finebaum ] thinks about much of anything? So far no substance abuse issues seem to affect his on field performance. It's the offseason.
I don’t care. And Collin actually didn’t comment. As I read it, it was a sarcastic tweet.

But I only posted it because I actually thought the video was funny.

Francis Xav

I dont mean to sound insensitive. But, this was imvestigated by title IX, and theybare notoriously known for kicking innocent men out of school for this type of stuff, especially in the outrage culture we live in.

If they found nothing, even if she claims she has evidence, then I tend to believe he likely is innocent and that should not be controversial. If she has the evidence she claims, then go to the police.

Men lie, women lie , we all lie. I cannot assume someone is guilty because a lady went on twitter. If you have evidence then go do the right thing. Men’s lives have been put on hold with this type of stuff, and people are like a mob with pitchforks.

Walk the walk.

AroundWorldFrog

Never forget....

tenor.gif

Froggish

I dont mean to sound insensitive. But, this was imvestigated by title IX, and theybare notoriously known for kicking innocent men out of school for this type of stuff, especially in the outrage culture we live in.

If they found nothing, even if she claims she has evidence, then I tend to believe he likely is innocent and that should not be controversial. If she has the evidence she claims, then go to the police.

Men lie, women lie , we all lie. I cannot assume someone is guilty because a lady went on twitter. If you have evidence then go do the right thing. Men’s lives have been put on hold with this type of stuff, and people are like a mob with pitchforks.

Walk the walk.

Pretty certain they found something or they wouldn’t have rearranged his schedule so she wouldn’t have to be near him on campus..Doesn’t mean what they discovered was menacing but there was something

Ron Swanson

Walk the walk.
The fact that she doubled-down on Twitter after the Title 9 office finished their case, coupled with the fact that they separated them in classes, makes me think she’s probably telling the truth.

It’s possible she’s lying, but it seems far more likely that she’s just telling the truth.

Francis Xav

The fact that she doubled-down on Twitter after the Title 9 office finished their case, coupled with the fact that they separated them in classes, makes me think she’s probably telling the truth.

It’s possible she’s lying, but it seems far more likely that she’s just telling the truth.
Would you feel that way if he was found “guilty” without evidence and he claimed his innocence? There are many reasons to double down

Purp

Interesting take. Guess facts and investigations dont matter. People try and go out of their way to find men guilty in these situations.
Had the Joe Mixon "punishment" not gone down followed by an extensive and multi-level cover up I think more of us might be more likely to accept the outcome of the Title IX case here. But OU has a track record with impactful athletes who get into trouble and there seems to be enough verifiable information in her claims to lend credence. You aren't wrong, but it's nowhere near as cut and dried as you suggest.

Francis Xav

Had the Joe Mixon "punishment" not gone down followed by an extensive and multi-level cover up I think more of us might be more likely to accept the outcome of the Title IX case here. But OU has a track record with impactful athletes who get into trouble and there seems to be enough verifiable information in her claims to lend credence. You aren't wrong, but it's nowhere near as cut and dried as you suggest.
I understand.

The Mixon case was when he cold [ James'd ] a lady in the pizza shop, right?

She apparently made a racial slur?

Is that what it was?

PO Frog

He did sit out an entire year didn’t he? More than Turpin got the first time he beat up his girlfriend...

Purp

I understand.

The Mixon case was when he cold [ the old ricardo ]ed a lady in the pizza shop, right?

She apparently made a racial slur?

Is that what it was?
No idea what she said. Supposedly Mixon made a gay slur about her friend and she popped off back. Then she got up and shoved him and he broke her face. The university then conspired with law enforcement to keep the video under wraps until his college career was over. He did "sit out" a season, but it was essentially a red shirt year and he faced no real consequences for his actions. He certainly never went to prison for assault as most of us would given the video evidence.

That's why the facts and evidence in this Title IX investigation aren't the only thing I am looking at. For starters, we don't know those facts. But even if we did, there is precedent to suggest those will be ignored and/or swept under the rug as long as possible to stay good at football.

Last edited:

Francis Xav

No idea what she said. Supposedly Mixon made a gay slur about her friend and she popped off back. Then she got up and shoved him and he broke her face. The university then conspired with law enforcement to keep the video under wraps until his college career was over. He did "sit out" a season, but it was essentially a red shirt year and he faced no real consequences for his actions. He certainly never went to prison for assault as most of us would given the video evidence.

That's why the facts and evidence in this Title IX investigation aren't the only thing I am looking at. For starters, we don't know those facts. But even if we did, there is precedent to suggest those will be ignored and/or swept under the rug as long as possible to stay good at football.

If you want to get as technical as possible, theoretically, she could have gone to prison for assault as well. In the video it is clear she initiated the phsyical contact.

That aside, there is precedence to suggest that bogis title IX claims also sideline innocent men. Look up the two tennessee football players who were found not guilty by a jury in 90 minutes. The women clearly lied. But their lives were fine. Those two men were put on hold for 4 years. That is completely unnaceptable.

Just recently, I saw clay travis tweet about another situation exactly the same. As much as there is a precedence of things being swept under the rug, the reverse is true but is not covered by the media near as much as it should be.

Purp

If you want to get as technical as possible, theoretically, she could have gone to prison for assault as well. In the video it is clear she initiated the phsyical contact.

That aside, there is precedence to suggest that bogis title IX claims also sideline innocent men. Look up the two tennessee football players who were found not guilty by a jury in 90 minutes. The women clearly lied. But their lives were fine. Those two men were put on hold for 4 years. That is completely unnaceptable.

Just recently, I saw clay travis tweet about another situation exactly the same. As much as there is a precedence of things being swept under the rug, the reverse is true but is not covered by the media near as much as it should be.
You'll get no argument from me that dudes are falsely accused often enough for it to also be a problem. But the fact that the OU Title IX office made a determination in this case doesn't really mean anything to me based on past behaviors from the university.

And if we want to get technical about Mixon, she could have been charged with a misdemeanor assault had he done nothing, but there's no way it would have been prosecuted. He should have been prosecuted for felony assault b/c he destroyed her face in a way that is totally disproportionate to what she did to him and the threat she posed to him.