• The KillerFrogs

OU Fan Forum Comedic Meltdown.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Hmmm... remove posts and allow the thread to continue, or send it to the Pit so y'all can continue discussing who's the biggest racist... decisions, decisions... Or, maybe because I'm still dealing with a migraine this morning that started yesterday afternoon I should just go back to bed and expect y'all to act like adults. I'll take door #3. Mods, feel free to boot this to the Pit if the political genuflecting overshadows the OU whining.

Chongo94

Haha! Those stupid OU fans! I can't believe they said all this! Boomer Sooner indeed am I right.

Speaking of the Reichstag, anyone else notice the OU band was basically playing their little mini fight song just about every time TCU ran a play that didn't result in a score. I noticed multiple times where they played it and TCU had just gotten a first down.
I didn’t really notice that but I did notice, now that you’ve made me think about it, we didn’t hear their insanely annoying fight song any where near as often as they usually do it thanks to our domination of them.

Yet another glorious memory I will cherish as that song and the amount of times they play it have to truly be one of the hells people face in the afterlife.

Bob Sugar

I didn’t really notice that but I did notice, now that you’ve made me think about it, we didn’t hear their insanely annoying fight song any where near as often as they usually do it thanks to our domination of them.

Yet another glorious memory I will cherish as that song and the amount of times they play it have to truly be one of the hells people face in the afterlife.
With their band in the nose bleed section and the way the game went, I don't actually recall ever hearing their fight song.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Hmmm... remove posts and allow the thread to continue, or send it to the Pit so y'all can continue discussing who's the biggest racist... decisions, decisions... Or, maybe because I'm still dealing with a migraine this morning that started yesterday afternoon I should just go back to bed and expect y'all to act like adults. I'll take door #3. Mods, feel free to boot this to the Pit if the political genuflecting overshadows the OU whining.
I’m for a week’s vacation. People know better. The way some people let their politics inform every aspect of their lives is OK if that’s what they want but I think most folks come here to escape that.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I was in the stadium and couldn’t hear really well but I’m pretty sure the ref said: “There is no penalty on the play but our bell cow is getting their collective asses handed to them so 15 yard penalty TCU for unsportsmanlike conduct, half the distance to the goal, and we really really hope this keeps them from scoring on this drive”

Or something close to that.
Shouldn’t that be former bell cow?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
On tv i didn’t notice their band at all (maybe covered up Judge fawning). So, if they were upstaits, what was the big empty space in the northeast lower corner, even before everyone headed for the trailer parks?

CountryFrog

Yes most of the game they just didn't play (or it was so loud that I didn't notice) but I noticed several times in the second half where it seemed like they were celebrating just about anything less than a 20 yard gain given up.

And yea that song along with the dreadful USC song that gets played every couple minutes is an absolute misery to humanity.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Yes most of the game they just didn't play (or it was so loud that I didn't notice) but I noticed several times in the second half where it seemed like they were celebrating just about anything less than a 20 yard gain given up.

And yea that song along with the dreadful USC song that gets played every couple minutes is an absolute misery to humanity.
and "She'll be comin' 'round the mountain when she comes?"

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
On tv i didn’t notice their band at all (maybe covered up Judge fawning). So, if they were upstaits, what was the big empty space in the northeast lower corner, even before everyone headed for the trailer parks?
That is part of the expanded student section. It was empty most of the game. I appreciate how much the students that show up support the team but I think Donati should take that section back and give away tickets to local HS kids instead.

CardFrog

The officiating was terrible but at the end of the day TCU physically pummeled OU into submission both literally and figuratively. One of the most satisfying wins I can remember as a frog fan....and by the way yes it was targeting and yes he should have been thrown out but that is NOT why they lost. Having a 3rd string Pitt back up as your now back up may have had something to do with it but Gabriel was not bringing that team back.

I’m going to disagree here. These are precisely the kinds of unique, recognizable sounds that make college football so much more fun than the NFL.

CountryFrog

I’m going to disagree here. These are precisely the kinds of unique, recognizable sounds that make college football so much more fun than the NFL.
I would agree if it wasn't done 653 times per game. It's one thing to play the song after a truly good play but when the OU band is doing it after a 15 yard run by Kendre Miller then it's just stupid.

Big Frog II

That is part of the expanded student section. It was empty most of the game. I appreciate how much the students that show up support the team but I think Donati should take that section back and give away tickets to local HS kids instead.
I would imagine a number of students were sitting with their parents for this game is the reason those seats were not filled except for during the second quarter. Another problem is how many students crowd into the sections closer to midfield. If they would spread out some the student section would always be full.