• The KillerFrogs

Other Games: Turkey Weekend

Wexahu

Max threw 3 TDs in one half. I have to think we win easily if he starts.

We weren’t going to beat them easily. I’m not sure we would have won.

it’s almost as if you assume he would’ve thrown 6 TDs had he played the whole game. Doesn’t really work that way. Every time ISU needed to answer, they did.

Endless Purple

Can't believe we lost to ISU because we didn't start Max.
I kinda agree, though I do not know the reason he did not start. Also not sure why the opposition to the possibility.

Even with Max out the first half, and Downing only going 11 of 21:
TCU had 498 to 423 yard offensive advantage
TCU had 8/16 3rd down conversion to 3/11
TCU had time of possession advantage almost 33 to 27 minutes

I find it a reasonable assumption since TCU only lost by 3 points. Not a guarantee though since one ripple can change a lot of factors.

Moose Stuff

Bizarre ending to Oregon/Oregon St as Oregon St has to bring in their backup QB who hasn't played all night (or ever) to run a 4th and goal play that he ends up scoring on to put them ahead with 33 seconds left.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Last 2 minutes of that game was a wheels off disaster.
There was a moment when I totally expected the head ref to yell “shut the scheiss up!” at some players when he was trying to explain what the hell was going on. The look on his face was pure gold.

The explanation, oddly, was opposite of what he ended up ruling and wasting five more minutes explaining to the coaches.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Whoever the near side line judge was should never have been on the field. She managed to miss the TD on 1st down, the obvious offsides on 2nd down, and it is likely she missed * a few more during the match. Ugh.

I wonder how many other potential officials who were actually competent were passed over just so ESPN and the PAC could preen over her working the game...

*Can't say "Blew the call."