• The KillerFrogs

OT: YouTubeTV is losing ESPN

How does Hulu suck? Not attacking your opinion, just curious. I’ve had it for years and I’ve been fine with it. But maybe I’m missing something.

One thing I hate about HULU is having to push a button twice to change the channel. Can't tell you how many times I've found something on the guide, hit select, put down the remote to do something else and 10 seconds later there's a screen staring at me asking 'are you sure?' I'm just changing the channel...not being asked a question by Regis to win a million.

Other is the ads...still can't figure out what the guidelines are. Sometimes I can FF through commercials and sometimes I have to watch em all.

dawg

As I understand, Hulu has a limited DVR and you can upgrade to 200MB for an extra $10/ mo. And only two devices can watch at the same time unless you upgrade.

YTTV has unlimited DVR and streamers.

This smacks of The Mouse trying to force people to add Hulu and/or ESPN+.

Eight

One thing I hate about HULU is having to push a button twice to change the channel. Can't tell you how many times I've found something on the guide, hit select, put down the remote to do something else and 10 seconds later there's a screen staring at me asking 'are you sure?' I'm just changing the channel...not being asked a question by Regis to win a million.

Other is the ads...still can't figure out what the guidelines are. Sometimes I can FF through commercials and sometimes I have to watch em all.

loved playstation vue for their guide, dvr set up and solid line up

youtube isn't quite as good in the guide and their dvr set up is a bit more complicated than it needs to be

hulu's guide is bad and that is just from watching it at daughters apartment

biggest problem for all of them aside from the scheissing mouse is the number of channels i just don't give a [ Finebaum ] about and really don't need but are included

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Lots of offerings across their catalogue. And they are sitting there waiting for me. Keep watching where I left off. And all the sports I need. Great service.

Wexahu

But what if you aren’t 100% committed to changing the channel?

Double D

Tier 1
I left DirecTV after 21 years in 2017. I've been with YouTube TV since. I guess I'll look at fubo now. I'm really disappointed in Disney and YouTube TV. I'll give them a few days to resolve their differences. If they can't make an agreement I'll have to jump ship.

jack the frog

You could easily cut that in half. Probably by 2/3. Just subscribe to a streaming service and throw all your Directv equipment in the garbage (or return what they want you to return). You’ll need a device for each tv but that’ll be about $100 total for the 3 you need.

$400/month is nuts.

I was one of the suckers in the $400.00 a month range for years until I finally had enough and went YouTube plus NF and Prime. Cut my bill by 70% or so. Been fairly satisfied although YouTube immediately dropped the Fox Sport Regionals while adding 15 channels of the Lifetime Oprah garbage categories. Now this with ESPN around the bowl season. Like others, I’ll give it about a week and then Hulu Live or Sling it. Watching less and less of all of it anymore.

Wexahu

I was one of the suckers in the $400.00 a month range for years until I finally had enough and went YouTube plus NF and Prime. Cut my bill by 70% or so. Been fairly satisfied although YouTube immediately dropped the Fox Sport Regionals while adding 15 channels of the Lifetime Oprah garbage categories. Now this with ESPN around the bowl season. Like others, I’ll give it about a week and then Hulu Live or Sling it. Watching less and less of all of it anymore.
With missing Bowl Season youre not missing much. Watched a bit of the WKU-App State game while at the gym, it was the half-assed, no defense, who gives a crap effort you’d expect to see in this new age of college football. I’m sure we’ll get some exciting transfer and coaching carousel news soon though, but you can just follow Twitter for that.

jack the frog

Twitters claiming that any ESPN game saved to the YouTube DVR app are now history. Don’t care enough to see if that’s true. Not real DVR like behavior I would say.

Twitters claiming that any ESPN game saved to the YouTube DVR app are now history. Don’t care enough to see if that’s true. Not real DVR like behavior I would say.
All the Mouse DVR'd property is supposedly deleted (or currently being flushed out).

FG5GzRIWYAIcwu_

I left DirecTV after 21 years in 2017. I've been with YouTube TV since. I guess I'll look at fubo now. I'm really disappointed in Disney and YouTube TV. I'll give them a few days to resolve their differences. If they can't make an agreement I'll have to jump ship.
We flushed Dish for fuboTV about a year ago and are pretty happy with it. Plenty of sports for me and a pretty good selection of other programming as well. They recently lost The History Channel and it's affiliated channels, so I miss Pawn Stars and American Pickers. They also broadcast almost exclusively in 2-channel audio. If you have a 4K device, fubo does have a small number of sporting events -- pro and college football plus soccer -- broadcast in 4K with 5-channel audio. I opted for an upgrade and pay just under $80 per month, including 1 terabyte of cloud DVR space. We supplement fubo with Acorn and Britbox, plus a "free" Netflix subscription from TMo, We have a Roku TV.