• The KillerFrogs

OT: Worthington or Omni?

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Wife and I are just going to a do a one-day Fort Worth trip for our anniversary on a Saturday. Talked about how much we miss the area after moving to suburbia.

Never stayed at either, looking to get some feedback.

flyfishingfrog

Worthington is old school and better location

Omni is newer and more upscale because of that, has a good bar but is 6 blocks too far

But for one night location may not matter

Mean Purple

Wife and I are just going to a do a one-day Fort Worth trip for our anniversary on a Saturday. Talked about how much we miss the area after moving to suburbia.

Never stayed at either, looking to get some feedback.
Both are nice. I think either location works. Worthington has an incredible view of downtown/sundance if you get an upper floor. Ask to be in a room over the street. They'll know what you are talking about. The view at night is very cool.

staff at Worthington is good. staff at omni may be a little better. bar at worthington is quieter, sometimes.

Both are easy cab/uber rides to Del Frisco's. and other eating establishments.

LeagueCityFrog

Family trip Worthington. Anniversary Omni Definitely. You can walk two blocks down the street, eat at Del Frisco's, and then walk back to your room. Game over. Good memories made. They have these Texas size mirrors in the master bedroom at a 90 degrees from the bed. I had never seen that before staying there.

Froglaw

Omni,

Eat at Bob's Steak & Chop House.

Chop House Salad
Surf & Turf
Baked Potato
Side of Mushrooms

Dessert of your choice.

Nice bottle of Stag's Leap or your other favorite Red to go along with the meal.

Go back up to the room.

Turn on Sports Center.

Make up sex two hours later!!!!!!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Omni,

Eat at Bob's Steak & Chop House.

Chop House Salad
Surf & Turf
Baked Potato
Side of Mushrooms

Dessert of your choice.

Nice bottle of Stag's Leap or your other favorite Red to go along with the meal.

Go back up to the room.

Turn on Sports Center.

Make up sex two hours later!!!!!!
Close but the right answer is:

Bob’s

Half chop house salad (cheaper but close to same size)
Cote d’ bouef- share it. They will cook it two ways if you ask
Skillet potatos
Don’t wreck the meal by allowing mushrooms anywhere near your plate.
Brownie sundae

Ask the sommelier for the best wine he has in cellar for under $100. Usually will find you a gem.

Go to Thompson’s for post dinner drinks. Tell the bartender what your wife likes and have them invent a drink.

When wife passes out watch sports center.

tcumaniac

Omni.

I’ve heard the Ashton is nice if you want a more boutique hotel experience versus a more corporate one like the Omni provides.

I’ve never been to Bobs, but Del Friscos is hard to beat.

Just don’t go to Capital Grille. That place sucks ass.

Double V

Close but the right answer is:

Bob’s

Half chop house salad (cheaper but close to same size)
Cote d’ bouef- share it. They will cook it two ways if you ask
Skillet potatos
Don’t wreck the meal by allowing mushrooms anywhere near your plate.
Brownie sundae

Ask the sommelier for the best wine he has in cellar for under $100. Usually will find you a gem.

Go to Thompson’s for post dinner drinks. Tell the bartender what your wife likes and have them invent a drink.

When wife passes out watch sports center.
So no sex???

East Coast

Tier 1
Ashton, Worthington, and Omni are all nice properties. Worthington is a Marriott property I believe. When I’ve checked in the past, the Omni was about $80 to $100 less per night, particularly when reserving in advance.