• The KillerFrogs

OT - what is the longest you have waited or would wait for BBQ?

Paint It Purple

John Mueller doesn't like to pay his taxes, which has caused him some troubles. One of his businesses went to his sister and she renamed it La Barbeque and I've heard good things about it.
This article is from last year and tells of his saga.
https://austin.eater.com/2017/4/21/15383530/john-mueller-black-box-barbecue-georgetown
LaBarbeque is in world class status. You are correct about the sister Mueller connection. I hear that was a strained family deal. The pit master was/is a Franklins protege. Originally was in a trailer on 4th street. Now east of i35 near Franklins. Free beer while wait, plus free brisket tips while you wait. 30-45-60 minute waits.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I am disappoint.
I told the folks at Rentsch Brewery and Barrow Brewing that they need to bring you in as the music on Friday nights

Last night we went to Barrow brewing in Salado and the guy was the worst singer that I have ever heard.

SnoSki

I told the folks at Rentsch Brewery and Barrow Brewing that they need to bring you in as the music on Friday nights

Last night we went to Barrow brewing in Salado and the guy was the worst singer that I have ever heard.

Thanks Wes. I appreciate it!

Ron Swanson

Why was my Car thread moved to the general board, but this is allowed to stay?

Not arguing that this should be moved... threads like this are enjoyable during the off season. Just seems like there are some double standards at play.
Agree

Moving threads to the general board is silly, IMO. I get it if it gets overly political and confrontational, fine, but those were fun and informative threads. Now they’re gone.

It’s not like everything on this board is sports related.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Why was my Car thread moved to the general board, but this is allowed to stay?

Not arguing that this should be moved... threads like this are enjoyable during the off season. Just seems like there are some double standards at play.
I'm not sure but agree with you

It is about BBQ in this thread. Sir, if want to bring all restaurants into the equation, you have to bring beer to the party. Them the rules.
Go down a few posts (from your last post) and yell at them. You sir, also missed the LAST Line of the original post. The OP switched gears. It pays to read entire posts.

WhatTheFrog

What are we actually talking about here? Waiting to get seated, waiting to get served, or waiting for the meat to be properly prepared?

I'd never wait for the meat to be properly prepared. I can do that on my own.

Seated...that's another story. If the bbq is THAT good, I'd still not wait more than 45 mins.

Served...no more than 20 minutes.

If I want good, slow-smoked bbq THAT bad, i'll gladly do it myself. There isn't anyone that can do it THAT much better than me that I would wait that long after what it would take me to do it myself. Everyone's recipes are online by this point. If I wanted Haim's or some Austin's favorite spot or whatever, there's no reason I can't find the recipe and do it myself. Of course, I'd modify it a bit and make it mine. That's what I do (at times).

I'm an improver. It's what I do. Look at this forum since I've started posting here!

For you yanks that don't know the difference...there's a difference between "bbq" and "grilling". BBQ consists of slow-smoking and slow-cooking cuts of meat. Grilling is cooking "better" cuts of meat over an open flame. Steaks, pork chops, chicken breasts, etc. are typically cooked over an open flame in a fairly quick manner (less than an hour). That is NOT bbq. That's grilling meat.