• The KillerFrogs

OT - what is the longest you have waited or would wait for BBQ?

Hughes Your Daddy

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but Franklin's lets you skip the line for to go orders.

Only caveat is the order has to be 5 pounds or more. It used to be the orders had to be placed months in advance (they limited the number of to-go orders to just a couple a day), but their new system has dropped that to just a week or two in advance.

Unless you're in it for "the experience," planning ahead and ordering to go is the best way to do it. None of that waiting in line for 5 hours nonsense.

HFrog1999

The longest I’ve waited for brisket was 8 hours

However that was in my backyard

original

WhatTheFrog

If you want great bbq, come on over to my house. A few caveats...

You have to ABSOLUTELY be a Horned Frog fan (sorry, Wexahu and Todd D.).

You must give me your real name and your username on KFC. :)

If your names are Bill and Nana, you can come LIVE with me!

Bring your drink of choice, the rest we will provide. Be prepared to share your drinks.

BTW, we live within 10 minutes driving of the Roanoke Babe's, so if you prefer fried chicken, we can do that as well. I have no claims of greatness in that regard.

We can do Kosher, but it will be on the same equipment. I love me some pig!

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I don't wait in line for BBQ. I pay people to wait in line for me to pick up my food. Most notably, I use Favor to get my BBQ from Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum and they deliver to my office. If I go there in person, I use the express line by ordering "The Trough".

YA

I don't wait in line for BBQ. I pay people to wait in line for me to pick up my food. Most notably, I use Favor to get my BBQ from Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum and they deliver to my office. If I go there in person, I use the express line by ordering "The Trough".
Or just go to the bar and skip the lines for your order. BTW, can do the same thing at Heim