• The KillerFrogs

OT - what is the longest you have waited or would wait for BBQ?

Chongo94

Yeah special trips only for that. People take lawn chairs and beer and make it an event. Now I just get it to go.

EXACTLY.

an hour and 45 minutes. that stuff better cure cancer.

i can do the entire meal is a shorter time than that

It was damn good chicken, I have to admit. Since it was my first time there, I considered it ok to wait. Plus I wasn’t going anywhere anyway seeing how the family was all there. But as RollToad said, I get it to go these days OR I’ll hit up the Burleson one where there doesn’t seem to be a wait usually.

Frog-in-law1995

EXACTLY.

It was damn good chicken, I have to admit. Since it was my first time there, I considered it ok to wait. Plus I wasn’t going anywhere anyway seeing how the family was all there. But as RollToad said, I get it to go these days OR I’ll hit up the Burleson one where there doesn’t seem to be a wait usually.

We go there maybe once every 3 months or so. Pro tip: go with a big group and get the CFS. It’s great, plus there’s always a ton of chicken left over, so you get both.

Also, they’re building a new one at 820/Rufe Snow. Hopefully it will have the smoked chicken and also offer green beans. So good.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
And
Would love to try Franklin’s but not willing on that kind of wait.

Still want to try Louie Mueller in Taylor and John Mueller in Austin. Also, need to try Luling City Market.

Louie Muellers is great, I’m going there on Friday but I wouldn't spend a long time in line

I spent 15 minutes at Terry Blacks and thats long enough for me. The line t Franklins is ridiculous. It aint that good

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Longest I ever waited for a table was at Superior in Shreveport for my Bachelor party. I think it was around an hour and 15 minutes. We were getting served their margaritas though with the everclear as we waited, and I definitely do not remember the meal.

YA

Longest I ever waited for a table was at Superior in Shreveport for my Bachelor party. I think it was around an hour and 15 minutes. We were getting served their margaritas though with the everclear as we waited, and I definitely do not remember the meal.
Good food at that place. Sleazeport has some good food esp Herby-K's

bronco

One year we played Texas at 11 am (before 11 am games were common) probably 90-92. It seemed like everyone went straight from the stadium to Angelo's (this was pre Railhead). The line was crazy long. I think they sold something like 15 kegs that day. I went in the backdoor and avoided the line. I got beer but no brisket.

It is about BBQ in this thread. Sir, if want to bring all restaurants into the equation, you have to bring beer to the party. Them the rules.
OK boys, let ol' 2314 shed some light: The effen original post STARTED asking for primarily BBQ, but if y'all would not have been lazy and bothered to read the ENTIRE post you would have noticed it added an element near the end, HENCE, is why I italicized that last effen line. GOT IT PEEPS???????

BABYFACE

OK boys, let ol' 2314 shed some light: The effen original post STARTED asking for primarily BBQ, but if y'all would not have been lazy and bothered to read the ENTIRE post you would have noticed it added an element near the end, HENCE, is why I italicized that last effen line. GOT IT PEEPS???????

Don’t matter, I just want you to bring beer.

HFrog1999

Better than inside

Better than a secretary on a John Deere

tenor.gif

bcsbuster

I like to think of myself of a food/restaurant snob. Superior is in the top 10 of restaurants I have been to in my life. If you are ever in Shreveport, make sure you try it.