• The KillerFrogs

OT: Warning -- Youth Tackle Football is Like Smoking

froginmn

I get not letting your kids play certain sports but it's kind of messed up if you're also a fan of that sport. I remember one of the guys on The Fan said he wouldnt let his kid play football even though he's not only a fan but gets paid to talk about the sport a bunch.
I wouldn't let my daughter be a stripper; doesn't mean I can't be a fan of other strippers.

And yes I know I've just condemned her to making a bad choice.

Billy Clyde

Anyone who says "I wont let my kid play football" will have their kids grow up to be interior designers or makeup artists anyway. Congrats on raising a feminine loser.

The new world order has launched an all out assault on everything masculine and football is one of the things they have attacked, hence why we get all this chicken little fear mongering about how dangerous football is, when its really not.

I dont get why football leagues at all levels continue to back down and pander to these idiots who are trying to destroy football. They are all soy drinking femboys anyway who have kids that will grow up to be transgenders or makeup artists.

If you lose your mind this badly over how other people raise their kids, I bet your blood pressure is ridiculous.

I'm a little late to this party but will just say that having observed some of the people behind the study quoted in the OP, they are fanatics and it is not surprising in the least that their "research" supports their conclusion and mission to eliminate tackle football as a sport in this country. Yes, there is risk associated with playing football just as there was a lot of benefit to it for me growing up. Based on experience and observation of people who have played all levels of football, I take their conclusions with a grain of salt at minimum.

froginmn

I'm a little late to this party but will just say that having observed some of the people behind the study quoted in the OP, they are fanatics and it is not surprising in the least that their "research" supports their conclusion

Based on experience and observation of people who have played all levels of football, I take their conclusions with a grain of salt at minimum.
You observe researchers in Boston? Sounds fun :)

Eight

I don’t think any dad “lets” their daughter be a stripper.

randy-quaid-vegas-vacation-1997-BPG7H6.jpg

netty2424

I think the "significant risk of permanent damage" is a huge exaggeration. Virtually half the kids I grew up with played football and every year there are thousands and thousands and thousands of kids who play the game. The % that have suffered permanent damage that materially affects their way of life is extremely small. And it's not like a large percentage of kids are playing past the high school level anyway. Yeah, playing at the professional level carries some substantial risks, but at the money those guys are making most all think it is worth it.
That you know of. Could be issues they’re dealing with that you have no idea. They may not even know it but it could be affecting them negatively.

netty2424

I loved playing high school football. My kids play because they want to. It’s fun. If they didn’t enjoy it, they wouldn’t do it.

My Dad was a drag racer. That’s not exactly safe. His Dad was a football player and a boxer.

I guess you can enjoy life playing it safe, I don’t know many who do.
Are you related to Big Daddy Don Garlits?

Mean Purple

Anyone who says "I wont let my kid play football" will have their kids grow up to be interior designers or makeup artists anyway. Congrats on raising a feminine loser.

The new world order has launched an all out assault on everything masculine and football is one of the things they have attacked, hence why we get all this chicken little fear mongering about how dangerous football is, when its really not.

I dont get why football leagues at all levels continue to back down and pander to these idiots who are trying to destroy football. They are all soy drinking femboys anyway who have kids that will grow up to be transgenders or makeup artists.
I was having a dull moment, decided I was going to look for an LVH post, knowing that either (a) I would get update odds postings, or (b) there was be a good sharp post that makes me laugh. It was (b). Good stuff.

Mean Purple

After taking an offered opportunity to run through the Malvesti in Georgia, I stopped worrying about injuries. Not sure I could ever feel so beat up again like after that.
Let your boys be rough housers. Let them be tough. Teach them the grow to be men who take care of their own. They'll be fine.