• The KillerFrogs

OT - VPN questions...

Chongo94

I know some on here use one of these and I generally know what they do and how they do it.

Where I get confused is because there appear to be so many out there these days.

Do y’all pay for yours and if so which ones are considered the best? If you don’t pay, which ones are considered the best of the free ones? Any things to look out for or be aware of when using VPNs?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Chongo94

I use Norton. The liscense for the app is good for only one device but you can flip it among devices

So if I got it for my desktop I could still use it for my laptop and phone...as long as they’re on the same network logging into the VPN?...is that correct? Still a bit confused on that part, sorry.

Pharm Frog

The only thing I know about VPN is that I get about three messages a week from my company saying that the VPN is down and that I should disconnect from the VPN before connecting to an Adobe Connect conference. I don't know what it is but doesn't seem like something that is very stable.

netty2424

The only thing I know about VPN is that I get about three messages a week from my company saying that the VPN is down and that I should disconnect from the VPN before connecting to an Adobe Connect conference. I don't know what it is but doesn't seem like something that is very stable.
The reliability of VPN connectivity is shockingly poor. Work for a $150 billion company that really brands itself as an IT company and our technology is constantly on the fritz, VPN connectivity being one of the least reliable pieces it seems.