• The KillerFrogs

OT: Trip to Kansas City, MO

Horny4TCU

Taking a trip to KC with my wife and son. Will be there for 2 days. I have three questions...

1. What do you recommend for best attractions?
2. What's the best BBQ?
3. What's the best restaurant?

froginmn

I get Paul's point, but Joe's is a landmark. If you go there I'd try to go to the original gas station location. It's an experience and I think the food was good.

Ray Finkle

Joe’s, Q39, or Arthur Bryant’s. As suggested, go to the original Joe’s. I’d recommend the original Arthur Bryant’s as well. Jackstack is very overrated, in my opinion.

Royal’s games are always fun, although the team isn’t that great. The Plaza has great shopping and restaurants.

Paul in uhh

I get Paul's point, but Joe's is a landmark. If you go there I'd try to go to the original gas station location. It's an experience and I think the food was good.
This might’ve been my issue. Went to a free standing unit somewhere and was disappointed. Not any better than spring creek.

Rana1

I have experienced a virtual tour of the stars at the Museum At Prairieview. Don.t know how old your son is, but we are 72 and enjoyed being with our grand kids in a "space" ship tour!

TCUdirtbag

801 chop house if you’re willing to throw down some cash. Agree with the general consensus on BBQ from everyone else. Zoo is pretty good. Negro League Baseball Museum is cool.

If you’re a basketball fan, it’s worth the 45 minute drive over to Lawrence to see Allen Fieldhouse and the original rules of basketball. They have some good restaurants there on Mass, too (the main drag in town).

LeagueCityFrog

I would stay somewhere on the Country Club Plaza like at the Marriott Raphael Hotel. Joe's KC in the gas station location in Kansas City, Kansas by KU's Med Center. Pork ribs and the Z Man sandwich. I would get a box of chocolates at Andre's next to the Plaza. I would take a stadium tour of Arrowhead. It is awesome. If your son is the right age, I would go to Worlds of Fun. I also like Jack's Stack in the Frieghthouse. Go take your trip picture at the liberty monument with downtown KC behind you. I would also try the WWI national museum right there. Kansas City is a great town and always fun to visit.

Frozen Frog

I always ate at Jack's Stack. I am not saying it is the best, but it was good. I will second the WWI museum. It is long, but very good. The College Basketball HOF is in downtown KC with lots of interactive activities. I've heard the Truman Library is worth a visit.

Check out the Steamboat Arabia Museum downtown. The Steamboat went down on a snag in the Missouri River in the 1850's. Over time the River changed course and the Arabia ended up buried in a corn field. It was found, dug up and preserved. Pretty interesting.

WhatTheFrog

Jack Stack burnt ends with hickory pit beans and cheesy corn bake.
Prime rib at 801 Chop House. Ruined me on prime rib for life.