• The KillerFrogs

OT: This Red Turf is Worse than Boise

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Horny4TCU @ Aug 8 2010, 02:30 PM) [snapback]609104[/snapback]
Jinxed game in my opinion. Headsets not working. Bad play calling by a coaching staff that wrecked all season. Some players not taking it too seriously and partying the night before. We beat ourselves...

But in all honesty, if Boise wants to be taken seriously they need to lose the blue turf. It's bush league. I don't care who they beat, that blue field cuts away all credibility in its lack of class. That's not a knock at us or them, it's my opinion and I'm sure other's as well!

Man they just whipped our arse. No excuses.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(Horny4TCU @ Aug 8 2010, 01:30 PM) [snapback]609104[/snapback]
Jinxed game in my opinion. Headsets not working. Bad play calling by a coaching staff that wrecked all season. Some players not taking it too seriously and partying the night before. We beat ourselves...

But in all honesty, if Boise wants to be taken seriously they need to lose the blue turf. It's bush league. I don't care who they beat, that blue field cuts away all credibility in its lack of class. That's not a knock at us or them, it's my opinion and I'm sure other's as well!

We have to get past this. Our passing game as well as our run game were stellar in the regular season. Give Boise the credit they deserve. National Champs.

Horny4TCU

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Aug 8 2010, 02:35 PM) [snapback]609108[/snapback]
We have to get past this. Our passing game as well as our run game were stellar in the regular season. Give Boise the credit they deserve. National Champs.

Tulsa and LA Tech... Stellar!

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(peterbecket @ Aug 8 2010, 02:35 PM) [snapback]609108[/snapback]

We?

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Aug 8 2010, 01:39 PM) [snapback]609112[/snapback]
We?

Many TCU fans.

BABYFACE

I am a natural grass guy. I do not like field turf and those rubber pellets. However, that blue field has helped put Boise in on the map in terms of visibility. It has been a hell of a marketing tool for them. At some point they will realize that they have grown past the colored turf, but that is for them to determine, not us.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Aug 8 2010, 01:44 PM) [snapback]609122[/snapback]
Which excludes you.

Getting past it? Yes. TCU fan? Does graduating from TCU count for anything?

Trelvis

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Aug 8 2010, 02:33 PM) [snapback]609107[/snapback]

I dont think losing by 7 is any kind of arse whooping.

SFA Frog

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Aug 8 2010, 02:44 PM) [snapback]609120[/snapback]
I am a natural grass guy. I do not like field turf and those rubber pellets. However, that blue field has helped put Boise in on the map in terms of visibility. It has been a hell of a marketing tool for them. At some point they will realize that they have grown past the colored turf, but that is for them to determine, not us.

Their field has been blue since 1986. It is part of who they are and probably always will be. Even if there is a time that they realize they have grown past the colored turf, it has become so engrained in who they are, they will be unable to separate themselves from it. It is part of their tradition and who they are. Unless some NCAA regulation is passed against colored fields, it will never probably leave.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Aug 8 2010, 02:33 PM) [snapback]609107[/snapback]

Whipped? Wow, we have played 3 extremely close games with them and neither team has whipped the other. Last game they score on an interception and after a fake punt extended the last drive for TD. Beat us fair & square, whipped is being ridiculous.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Ok... technically going by the score they did not whip us. I felt like they whipped us in every phase of the game though, including coaching.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Aug 8 2010, 10:34 AM) [snapback]609038[/snapback]
Just saw these pics... Eastern Washington installing their new field

redturf1.jpg

redturf2.jpg

They also have a live webcam up...

http://web.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/pages/TurfCam.html

More Pics are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ewuphoto/sets...57624653849536/

Embarrassing and shouldnt be allowed IMO.

Absolutely hideous.

Spike

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Aug 8 2010, 05:01 PM) [snapback]609073[/snapback]
I don't think Eastern Washington has ever been on TV.

They do currently have 2 QBs on the Cowboys roster though.