Trelvis

Just saw these pics... Eastern Washington installing their new field

redturf1.jpg

redturf2.jpg

They also have a live webcam up...

http://web.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/pages/TurfCam.html

More Pics are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ewuphoto/sets...57624653849536/

Embarrassing and shouldnt be allowed IMO.

gdu

that is bad. It'll get a little better once they add the shredded rubber, but I don't think I would be able to watch a game played on that.

BABYFACE

Football and baseball should only played on real grass. If in a dome, then do what the Cardinals did and pt the turf field on movable sled. Ingenious system by the redbirds of Phoenix.

Trelvis

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Aug 8 2010, 10:52 AM) [snapback]609046[/snapback]
What a joke.

Seriously. Its embarrassing.

NCAA needs to outlaw this or the TV companies need to say they wont air your teams games if they have grass or turf that is any color other than green.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Trelvis @ Aug 8 2010, 10:53 AM) [snapback]609047[/snapback]

NCAA needs to outlaw this or the TV companies need to say they wont air your teams games if they have grass or turf that is any color other than green.

I agree. Not that I would ever watch Eastern Washington play football anyways, but now I for sure won't. It is hideous and ridiculous.

gdu

QUOTE(joefrog91 @ Aug 8 2010, 10:57 AM) [snapback]609052[/snapback]
Any chance the MWC makes Boise St change their turf now that they are part of the conference?

unlikely, unfortunately

ricksterh

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Aug 8 2010, 03:53 PM) [snapback]609047[/snapback]

I agree. This is rediculous. Somebody could bleed to death on that field and nobody would know. The way this is going Texas could have an orange field, A&M would have maroon, TCU would have purple, UH and Arkansas would be red and Baylor could keep their field green. :biggrin:

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Aug 8 2010, 11:53 AM) [snapback]609047[/snapback]

I don't think Eastern Washington has ever been on TV.

Trelvis

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Aug 8 2010, 12:01 PM) [snapback]609073[/snapback]
I don't think Eastern Washington has ever been on TV.

Im just saying in general. If the TV companies said that, the schools would stop doing this.

Limp Lizard

QUOTE(ricksterh @ Aug 8 2010, 11:12 AM) [snapback]609059[/snapback]
I agree. This is rediculous. Somebody could bleed to death on that field and nobody would know. The way this is going Texas could have an orange field, A&M would have maroon, TCU would have purple, UH and Arkansas would be red and Baylor could keep their field green. :biggrin:

And everyone would look at Baylor's field and say "what a weird color!".

joejordan

Looks like you could sit in the upper floors of the dorm in the background and watch a game. That would make for some great parties!

ricksterh

QUOTE(Limp Lizard @ Aug 8 2010, 06:26 PM) [snapback]609077[/snapback]
And everyone would look at Baylor's field and say "what a weird color!".

And what about a brown field at Wyoming? :unsure:

SFA Frog

QUOTE(ricksterh @ Aug 8 2010, 01:51 PM) [snapback]609085[/snapback]
And what about a brown field at Wyoming? :unsure:

Brown with yellow accents. If they did it right, War Memorial could earn the nickname of the toilet bowl.

Horny4TCU

I think it's really funny. Division 1-AA teams seem to like colored turfs... It just shows Boise is still in a different league!

SFA Frog

QUOTE(Horny4TCU @ Aug 8 2010, 02:13 PM) [snapback]609094[/snapback]
I think it's really funny. Division 1-AA teams seem to like colored turfs... It just shows Boise is still in a different league!

And somehow they still beat TCU 2 out of 3 times... :ph34r:

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Horny4TCU @ Aug 8 2010, 02:13 PM) [snapback]609094[/snapback]

:unsure:

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(joefrog91 @ Aug 8 2010, 09:57 AM) [snapback]609052[/snapback]
Any chance the MWC makes Boise St change their turf now that they are part of the conference?

No, the MWC is still straight. Besides this is still a free country.

Horny4TCU

QUOTE(SFA Frog @ Aug 8 2010, 02:20 PM) [snapback]609096[/snapback]
And somehow they still beat TCU 2 out of 3 times... :ph34r:

Jinxed game in my opinion. Headsets not working. Bad play calling by a coaching staff that wrecked all season. Some players not taking it too seriously and partying the night before. We beat ourselves...

But in all honesty, if Boise wants to be taken seriously they need to lose the blue turf. It's bush league. I don't care who they beat, that blue field cuts away all credibility in its lack of class. That's not a knock at us or them, it's my opinion and I'm sure other's as well!